2010 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

Happy Stitcher - the hCG causes you to burn abnormal fat, therefore your body thinks it's getting (as fuel) the 500 cal you're eating plus another 2000 or so cal worth of fat. So you aren't that hungry while taking hCG. I'm hungry just a little bit before lunch, dinner and bedtime, but not ravenous and the rest of the time I'm okay.

I just don't like the drops because of the taste and the 'holding them under the tongue' part.

P.S. Lost another .5 lb today!:yay

• Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11:30 am - I just ate a 32 calorie breakfast! :lol It's kind of like a game. How to eat the most, or most times a day, using the allowed foods and stay at only 500 cal.

Spinach & Mushroom Omelette

1 egg white

1 large baby bella mushroom

1/4 c frozen spinach

2 T free range organic low sodium chicken broth

salt, pepper, minced onions, garlic powder to taste

Add all ingredients to skillet except egg white. Cover and simmer about 5 min or until the spinach and mushrooms are tender. Add egg white and stir gently until it is cooked. Serve hot.

Next time I'll use two egg whites (hubby needed the rest for his breakfast) since ea. one only has 16 cal and 0 fat. That'll bring the total to only 48 cal. Next I'm going to make a strawberry smoothie. I'll post that recipe then. Heck, why don't I post everything I eat today so you all will have an idea of what it's like. :yes

1:00 pm - Smoothie - 28 cal.

Strawberry Smoothie

4 large frozen strawberries

3/4 cup iced tea sweetened with strawberry Stevia

4 drops peach Stevia

Blend well, place in freezer about 20 min. breaking it up occasionally with a fork. Makes approx. 10 oz. serving. Serve cold.

I love my new Ninja Master Prep, it's great for making single serving recipes. The big blender just throws everything up on the sides of the glass and there isn't much left in the bottom to blend. It was only $49 at Target. I've only used the smaller food processor part, but it does have a large blender attachment for larger quantities.

2:30 pm - salad - 126 cal.

Salad w/Chicken

2 cups red leaf lettuce, chopped

1/2 small tomato, diced

1/2 c hydroponic cucumber, w/skin, diced

1 tsp. onion, minced

2 crimini mushrooms (baby bellas), sliced

1/2 naval orange, diced

2 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, grilled, chopped

1 tsp apple cider vinegar

Juice of 1/4 lemon

2 T Walden Farm no calorie blue cheese dressing

salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian seasonings to taste

6:00 pm - burger/pickles/breadstick - 183 cal.

3.5 oz grilled bison burger (patty only), served with French's yellow mustard and no sugar added dill pickles.

One Alessi Grissini thin breadstick

Re: raw meat - one thing that always puzzled me is the nutrition facts on raw meat. I assume the fat listed is total, as in raw, and that if you grill or otherwise drain the fat after cooking then there is less fat per serving. The calories I listed above are per the nutrition facts label and I think it's really lower than that after I grilled it.

8:15 pm - Shrimp/Asparagus - 81 cal

Shrimp Stir-fry

3 oz. frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, tails removed

10 asparagus spears

1 clove garlic, minced

2T Snow's clam juice

Salt, pepper and sage to taste

Brigg's Amino Acid to taste

Sautee asparagus and garlic in clam juice until mostly tender, about 5-6 min. Add shrimp and sautee another 2 min. Serve hot with a light spritz of Brigg's amino acid (tastes like soy sauce).

9:30 pm - Applesauce - 22 cal.

3.5 oz. (little less than 1/2 c) unsweetened applesauce, sprinkled generously with cinnamon.

P.S. ALL the fruit tastes very sweet when you don't eat sugar.

And finally...10:30 pm - Hot Chocolate - 16 cal.

Hot Chocolate

6 oz. water

1 T 2% milk

2 drops vanilla Stevia

4 drops chocolate Stevia

Heat and enjoy.

I know this is really just flavored water, but I really enjoy this. Especially on a chilly autumn evening such as this one, it hits the spot!

Oh - and the grand total for today...

...drumroll please....

499 cal.!

You're doing great, Teresa! Sounds like some yummy meals.

I agree! Wonderful meals! And I'm impressed that you can keep the calories so low! Keep up the good work!! :cheer

A friend introduced me to Diet Rite cola the other day. I hadn't ever tried it before. It's not bad! It's not Coke, by any means, but it's nice to have a soda again! 0 calories, 0 caffeine, 0 carbs, 0 sodium. It's made with Splenda.

Inspired by Teresa, I thought maybe I'd start sharing some of my dinners now and then (when I come up with something I think worth sharing!). Here's my plan for tonight:

2 item(s) cooked skinless chicken drumstick - 2.5

4 Tbsp BBQ Sauce - 3

1 1/2 cup(s) cooked okra - 1

2 serving(s) Rotel Tomatoes & Green Chilies, Original - 0.5

Subtotal = 7 points for dinner - that's not bad!

I'll make the family some Hungry Jack Cheesy potatoes, too, but I won't have those.

I've been cutting waaaaay back on our food budget lately - trying to stretch money as far as I can. DH has been on limited hours at work since July when he was injured in a house fire. (He's a firefighter.) Finances are really tight, so I've been trying to stretch each dollar. Chicken drumsticks are on sale this week at the grocery store, and I already have the potato mix.

Yesterday I made a cabbage and turkey sausage soup that was so well received that I only got one bowl! :lol If you want the recipe, PM me with your email address and I'll be glad to send it along!

The day before I fed the whole family (4 of us - two teens and a large man, included) on two chicken breasts by cooking them in the mini slow cooker, chopping them up, mixing them with fat free cream cheese and seasonings, then wrapping small portions in wonton wrappers and baking them. I served that with some sauces we had in the refrigerator (for dipping), and even had a little left over. :D

Hey everybody, check this out!

Andrea Mitchell is featured in the Oct 25 Women's World magazine, and this is her blog:

http://canyoustayfordinner.com/

She's lost 135 lbs! There are motivational blogs, recipes, and all kinds of things. You can subscribe (if you want) in the bottom right hand corner by entering your email address. :cheer

Hey everybody, check this out!

Andrea Mitchell is featured in the Oct 25 Women's World magazine, and this is her blog:

http://canyoustayfordinner.com/

She's lost 135 lbs! There are motivational blogs, recipes, and all kinds of things. You can subscribe (if you want) in the bottom right hand corner by entering your email address. :cheer

Good gracious me! How does she eat like that and stay thin? :think

I did love her style of writing, but I think if I even smell a cinnamon roll, I'd gain 5 lbs.

Good gracious me! How does she eat like that and stay thin? :think

The cinnamon rolls aren't her regular type of food - they were a splurge - she made them for her grandmother. And we all know that if we don't have a little something we really want now and then, we're more likely to derail for a longer period of time, right?

Did you see the nacho recipe? It looks GREAT! I never thought to take the Flat Out tortilla and make chips out of it. I've made pizza out of it, but not chips. And the whole thing had a small amount of cheese - it was mostly black beans and vegetables with seasoning. I'm going to have to try that soon.

She has lots of help and motivation in her essays. I'm glad to have found her blog. :yes

The cinnamon rolls aren't her regular type of food - they were a splurge - she made them for her grandmother. And we all know that if we don't have a little something we really want now and then, we're more likely to derail for a longer period of time, right?

Did you see the nacho recipe? It looks GREAT! I never thought to take the Flat Out tortilla and make chips out of it. I've made pizza out of it, but not chips. And the whole thing had a small amount of cheese - it was mostly black beans and vegetables with seasoning. I'm going to have to try that soon.

She has lots of help and motivation in her essays. I'm glad to have found her blog. :yes

I know what you're saying, but I stopped baking years ago because if it's in the house, I'll eat it. She must have an iron will.

Thanks Tralee and Teresa! :hug

I'm enjoying a Saturday morning breakfast right now:

an Oroweat Multigrain sandwich thin - 1 point

2 egg whites - 0.5 point

1 wedge Laughing Cow Light Swiss - 1 point

2 1/2 points, and very satisfyling! I cook the egg whites in in the microwave in a bowl with a quick spray of oil (cover with a paper towel), and they come out in the perfect round shape for the sandwich thin. :cheer

Happy Stitcher - sounds like a great breakfast!

I made up two good recipes yesterday:

(sorry didn't figure calories, a lot of times I'll just estimate by weighing my food ;).)

Shrimp Cocktail

Sauce:

1/2 c no sugar/oil added tomato sauce

1 heaping T prepared horseradish*

1 tsp apple cider vinegar

1 tsp lemon juice

1/4 tsp chili powder**

pinch cayenne pepper

1 packet Stevia (equals 2 tsp sugar)

Mix well, refrigerate a couple hrs. or overnight. Serve with chilled cooked shrimp. Makes approx. 12 tablespoon-sized servings.

*ingredients: horseradish, vinegar, salt...found in the refrigerated section near the cheeses...the horseradish found in the condiments aisle near the ketchup have added stuff like mayo, oils, sugars etc.

**pure chili powder, no added sugars, starches, etc.

Venison 'Spaghetti'

This is all the good parts of a spaghetti dinner without the actual pasta :P. Venison is lower in fat than the ground bison right next to it. Only 2g of fat per 3 oz. serving.

3.5 oz. raw ground venison

3.5 oz. frozen spinach

1/3 cup no sugar/oil added tomato sauce

1/4 cup Organic Free Range Low Sodium chicken broth*

2 large crimini mushrooms

2 T minced onion

1 clove minced garlic

1/2 tsp crushed fennel

Salt, pepper, Italian seasonings to taste.

In a non-stock skillet on medium heat, brown the ground venison with some salt and crushed fennel. There is very little fat to drain, I don't bother with it. When the meat is almost done, add the tomato sauce, broth, vegetables and rest of the seasonings, lower heat and simmer 5.7 min. until veggies are tender. You can control the amount of liquid by covering with lid to hold in the steam, or leaving the lid off so it's not too runny. Or you can use more or less broth.

*the only kind I can find that doesn't have any sugars/starches added is Imagine brand found in the organic section.

I really love this stuff!

Archived