Christmas 2010 - 12 months of Crochet Christmas Caroling

Colleenka

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the cheers. I didn't get everything sewn together. I did get most of it done, though. It's much easier to attach squares that are all the same size -- go figure. :rofl

Maybe I'll come up with a ME project later, but right now, I'm just going to keep working on my 3 afghans, so I can be Santa, Baby!

I have been having trouble picking a project. Charity group to the rescue, this quarters project=Make blankets, etc. for OB unit,:D

so i will go with "Baby" for this months Carol

trying( and already modifying:blush) Peekaboo Yo-Yos blanket

http://www.crochet-world.com/patterns/pdfs/peekaboo_yo.pdf

Lynn, that's lovely, and what a clever use of the Carol!!! I modify patterns more than I follow them, so I can relate.

Lynn - I just got that magazine and what a cute pattern. You'll have to share pics! :yes

I haven't decided on a project yet. I'm still in a crochet funk. :( But know that I'm here cheering you all on! :cheer:cheer:cheer

:sun.......... Good Morning .........:sun

Hope everyone had a wonderully Blessed Easter!!!

I have a busy day of crocheting today! :yay

Hows everyone elses projects coming along?

:heart

:mug

:sun.......... Good Morning .........:sun

Hope everyone had a wonderully Blessed Easter!!!

I have a busy day of crocheting today! :yay

Hows everyone elses projects coming along?

How did your busy day of crocheting go, Tam? That sounds like a great thing to be busy with!

I got this new pattern book last weekend that I can't wait to try something from. It's all Christmas stuff and it's a Loops and Threads booklet called Ho Ho Ho. Anyway, I'm going to backtrack to make my February project from it. Something Rudolphy!

I hope everyone is enjoying April :manyheart

I have a goal for this month: finish as much of 3 projects for ME that I can: my sunhat, which is done; my ginormous tote, which is about 3/4 done, and my poncho, which is about 1/3 done. Boy, do I feel selfish!:devil

Me neither, Michelle. April sure is going by fast! The song lends itself well to anything to do with Santa, babies, stockings, anything for the tree, anything tiffany blue ;), anything nautical (for the yacht part of the song), or anything for yourself. I hope you can think of something soon.

Tam- I just love love, love your coffee pics- where do you find them?

I made another thing for me- an I-pod cozy that holds my ipod touch and earbuds

heeheee... thanks.......... some are from my graphics... and some are just found on the net!

I love your pod cozy! Keeps everything from getting tangled all over. :U

Lynn, :drool It's just gorgeous! What yarn did you use? What is that pattern? You did an excellent job.

thanks all:blush

here is the pattern again

http://www.crochet-world.com/pattern...eekaboo_yo.pdf

i used RH tropical Fruit , Orchid and Honeydew for the small yo-yo's- worsted - not baby as called for- i am using stash and don't usually buy baby yarn:eek made 5" squares with an "H" hook,

only 36 squares as it will be for newborns, did the front post in the first row rather than the second and three rows of SC for the border,alternating colors.

I am making a second from the same pattern with centers of the Tropical fruit and the main color the Honeydew, gonna skip the small yo-yo's this time, hurts my thumb/wrist to hold the material to get to the corners to applique:(( sucks getting old)

:sun .......... Good Morning all.........

How's everyone this beautiful Wednesday morning?

Sun is coming out after a nice rain last night. It will be a great day!

Wow Lynn............ thats very pretty!

Oh Beth........... LOVE your new things for YOU!

I have to put a button on my little project for this months CAL song. I made a little something special for ME.

As soon as I get a button for it ..... I'll post a pic!

you all have a great day

Joanne - Love the I-pod cozy!

Lynn - That blanket is so pretty! Beautiful!

Beth - Wow! You go girl! A hat, a poncho and a HUGE tote (let me guess, a bag for your projects?).

It is so great to see everyone's projects coming along. I just realized April is half over tomorrow :faint How did that happen :think

Happy crocheting everyone!

Beth- Love all the things you made for you!!!! Your hook has been flying!!!!

I'm almost done with a large granny ghan- originally started for me, but may be going to my step daughter who graduates from Massage Therapy School in May.

Archived