No computer ?!? No Crochetville?!!? Oh nooo...

My brother is moving, and since the computer is his, it will be moving too.:( He said he is going to buy another one to leave here, so we can e-mail each other. But once this one is gone, I don't know how long it will be until the other one is here. Days?....:eek.....weeks??....:eek:eek........yeeeaaahhh!!! No computer? No Crochetville?:yell:yell I can already feel the beginning stages of withdrawal! :blink:worried I think it will still be a few days til he moves the computer. He's still gotta get the cable hooked up in his house.

+1 for Gumby's suggestion about the library.

Yes, it takes a bit of patience and extra care, but if you've got a library near enough, it's a great help. Some libraries also have in-house WiFi so that you can bring your own computer and use their internet access.

Hooray for libraries!

I hope he will bring the other one there when he takes his or leave his & get a new one. It can be very hard when you get used to having one & then it's gone. I hope there isn't much lapse between your brothers going & yours being set up.

My computer is dying a slow death due to a failing hard drive so I kind of understand the slight fear of not having a computer. Mine was in the shop for a week & I went nuts the whole time. It also has a Windows fix that the shop did on it that is messed up. Outlook is locked out, the dvd drive doesn't work anymore, & the screen shakes from time to time worse than when I had too much coffee lol. Imagine trying to click a link that's bouncing up & down :lol Yesterday it barely connected to the internet & then dragged worse than a snail. We decided not to put any more repair into this one so we'll have to get another one. With Christmas shopping, it's not a good time for this but I cannot go without my computer & dh feels the same way.

Oh my, I would feel the same way. I always try to find the positive side of something so I came up with this for you;

Just think of all the actual crocheting you can get done in a week or two with no distractions. :rofl

When I have had a computer problem, I go to the local library. We only get an hour at a time, but it is better than nothing. I don't print anything off, it costs 10 cents a sheet. Hope you get a computer back soon.

My husband and I have only had our computer a little over a year now. Last fall when we had to do without it for a week we went nuts. My husband was going to the library almost every day. I did manage to wait until the end of the week before going to the library. It sure was not an easy week. My heart goes out to you. I hope your situation is resolved very quickly.

Thank you all for the support. I would love for him to leave this computer and buy another one for himself. He has a reeeally nice computer. But I'm sure he'll probably take this one.:( I just hope I'm not without one for too long. I never had access to a computer before my brother's. It's funny how easy it is to get 'addicted'. :lol That is a good idea to go to the library. There is one close by too. I don't drive, but I could ask my mom to drive me there. I'm sure she would so she won't have to see me go through withdrawal.:lol:lol Well, I think I feel a little better now. I just hope it's only hours instead of days or weeks.

Oh my, I would feel the same way. I always try to find the positive side of something so I came up with this for you;

Just think of all the actual crocheting you can get done in a week or two with no distractions. :rofl

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl

Oh, that is soooooo true. I could get all those Christmas presents done.:lol:lol

What about a cell phone with internet access? I know the phone I have has the option of course for a little extra money! Not sure how much extra onto my plan though.

That is a good idea, but I don't have a cell phone.:(

That is a good idea, but I don't have a cell phone.:(

You can purchase cell phones at WalMart. I just bought a new AT&T cell phone a couple of months ago. I started off with the pre-paid plan because I didn't want to get into any complicated contracts that tell me how long I have to remain with one particular service, or end up going over the number of minutes on my plan only to end up with a large bill because of it. Anyway, I bought the AT&T phone, it was $49.95 and I got $30 worth of minutes as part of it, so the phone actually only cost me $20.

NOW... I WAS paying $15 for $15 worth of minutes at $.10 per minute, and calls to anyone else with an AT&T service were free. Since everyone I know (just about) has AT&T, all it was costing me was $1 per day for the pre-paid plan. Just a couple of weeks ago, however, AT&T changed their pre-paid plan so that you can pay a flat rate of $60 per month and get unlimited text and talk. There IS a way to include internet in that somehow, but since I am totally incompetent with simple texting, never mind going online with my phone, I didn't bother to investigate it. I went with it because it seemed like a good deal to be able to use my phone to call anywhere in the world and use as many minutes a day as I could for a flat rate of $60 per month.

From what I understand, Sprint and Cricket have similar plans and are even cheaper than AT&T, but I went with AT&T because I had just gotten the new phone and didn't want to have to buy another one just to go with another company. I like my new phone, it has a camera on it that can also take videos, so I decided to just stick with that. But do a bit of research and contact some of the other companies (and AT&T as well) to see what it would cost you to get internet service with the phone. You might be surprised at how affordable it is.

You can purchase cell phones at WalMart. I just bought a new AT&T cell phone a couple of months ago. I started off with the pre-paid plan because I didn't want to get into any complicated contracts that tell me how long I have to remain with one particular service, or end up going over the number of minutes on my plan only to end up with a large bill because of it. Anyway, I bought the AT&T phone, it was $49.95 and I got $30 worth of minutes as part of it, so the phone actually only cost me $20.

NOW... I WAS paying $15 for $15 worth of minutes at $.10 per minute, and calls to anyone else with an AT&T service were free. Since everyone I know (just about) has AT&T, all it was costing me was $1 per day for the pre-paid plan. Just a couple of weeks ago, however, AT&T changed their pre-paid plan so that you can pay a flat rate of $60 per month and get unlimited text and talk. There IS a way to include internet in that somehow, but since I am totally incompetent with simple texting, never mind going online with my phone, I didn't bother to investigate it. I went with it because it seemed like a good deal to be able to use my phone to call anywhere in the world and use as many minutes a day as I could for a flat rate of $60 per month.

From what I understand, Sprint and Cricket have similar plans and are even cheaper than AT&T, but I went with AT&T because I had just gotten the new phone and didn't want to have to buy another one just to go with another company. I like my new phone, it has a camera on it that can also take videos, so I decided to just stick with that. But do a bit of research and contact some of the other companies (and AT&T as well) to see what it would cost you to get internet service with the phone. You might be surprised at how affordable it is.

I have been thinking about getting a cell phone. I'm just not sure I can afford it. I would love to have a camera phone. I'll check around on that. Maybe if I could find a really inexpensive plan. My brother and son have Metro PCS and they pay about $60 a month , I think, and that includes unlimited minutes, texting and internet. But the coverage isn't very expansive. My mom and my other brother have AT & T. Their's is less per month, but texting cost 30 cents per text. I've been thinking about getting a phone for a while now, so maybe I will just start checking prices. Thanks for the info.

Archived