Hi From Minnesota/New Here

andersonsrus

I just found you guys while searching for some help.

I need to make a crochet afghan (size for a 7 yr old) out of Red Heart

Light and Lofty all one color. Does anyone rec a pattern. Searched and really have not found any. Guessing to use a size N hook.

What about a large granny sqaure with a N hook. How will that work. I q hook will be way to holey. Any ideas would be helpful. Need to start asap

I just found you guys while searching for some help.

I need to make a crochet afghan (size for a 7 yr old) out of Red Heart

Light and Lofty all one color. Does anyone rec a pattern. Searched and really have not found any. Guessing to use a size N hook.

What about a large granny sqaure with a N hook. How will that work. I q hook will be way to holey. Any ideas would be helpful. Need to start asap

First of all, let me :welcome you to Crochetville! I haven't used an N hook for a large Granny square afghan. But if you are interested, I do have a quick afghan pattern that you can use an N hook for and the pattern is really easy! Just let me know and I will get that pattern out for you....but then again, are you looking for an afghan that isn't too HOLEY??

Welcome to Crochetville. I'm from Minnesota also (near Anoka)!

For a really fast, soft afghan intended to cozy up to rather than covering a bed, using a Q hook, here is a fast one. You need to do a swatch (say 10 stitches wide) to figure out your gauge. Then you'll know how many to cast on for the afghan in the size you want.

Homespun yarn

Holding 2 threads throughout, cast on.

Row 2 - Double crochet in every stitch

Row 3 - Double crochet in the back of the stitch

Continue row 3 until length you want

Last row - double crochet in every stitch.

Another option would be a ripple afghan in a bulky, but you'll have to check for patterns.

Welcome to Crochetville. A granny is a quick and easy way to cover a lot of area in a little time. The main drawback is that it is square. If that is fine you can cover more area with fewer rounds by using a treble instead of a double.

Good luck.:hug

:flowerWelcome to C'ville!! You'll find LOTS of help here from all these beautiful crocheters!!!

I grew up in Coon Rapids!! (which is near you, Stephanie!!)

But I've lived ALL OVER the local seven county area. Just moved to FL two years ago. We're going back to MN this year for Christmas:sheepxmas b/c my SIL is expecting her first BABY on Dec 14th!! :cheer And, of course, I'm making a Baby Afghan.....not sure if I'll have time to do much more than that though.

Anyway, welcome!!!

I love that yarn, and oh how it would be to have a blanky made from it. I know that they have a pattern paper in my LYS, for that specific yarn. If you want it PM me your address. Click on my name above for my email address.

Bonjour!! :waving Welcome to Crochetville from Belgium from a former Michigander now living across the deap blue in the land of chocolate, frites, beer and really expensive yarn!! :lol Glad to have you join us! :hug

Archived