Christmas Stocking Ornament

brendaKbrown

Christmas Stocking ornament

These would be very cute hanging on the tree or as package trims. There is no picture as I am blind, but feel free to post your pictures. You may use this pattern all you want, but PLEASE do NOT take credit for my work.

Size: About 4 inches from toe to cuff.

Materials: Sport weight yarn, red or green/ Worsted weight yarn, white; D crochet hook; yarn needle.

With red or green, loosely ch19 (note: use a doubled strand if necessary for chain to keep it loose).

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across: 18; ch1, turn.

Rows 2-8: Sc in each sc across; ch1, turn.

Shape Foot:

row 9: Sc in first 13 sc; ch1, turn leaving last 5 sc unworked.

Rows 10-15: Sc in nt 8 sc; ch1, turn. At end of last row, do not turn.

Row 16: Work 5 sc evenly spaced along edge of rows just made, sc in last 5 sc of stocking; ch1, turn.

Row 17: Sc in 5 sc along edge of stocking, in 5 sc along edge of foot and in rem 8 sc along toe; evenly space 5 sc along edge of rows and sc in last 5 sc of stocking: 28 sc; ch1, turn.

Rows 18-20: Sc in each sc across; ch1, turn.

Row 21: Sc in first 10 sc, (sc nt 2 sc together) 4 times, sc in last 10 sc. Fasten off.

With long end, sew back and sole seams.

Cuff: With white, ch19 loosely.

Row 1: Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across: 18; ch1, turn.

Rows 2 & 3: Sc in each sc across; ch1, turn.

row 4: Matching sc of last row of cuff to opposite side of starting ch of stocking, sc through both thicknesses across, ch8 for loop, join with sl st to first sc. Fasten off and sew cuff edge closed.

Fill with candies, small gifts or even some jewelry and hang on a tree. these would also work great for package trims with a special gift for a friend or loved one inside!

Okay, I guess I had a blind moment! I assumed that the yarn I used was a sport weight. However, it was TLC Amore worsted weight that I used for the red. I hope this doesn't mess any of you up! I do think that sport weight yarn would work just as well.

Thank you for sharing your pattern.:c9 I made one using RedHeart Supersaver yarn and a size f hook.:hook

[ATTACH]11027[/ATTACH]

Thank you for posting a photo and Brenda thank you for the pattern. It is really cute.

BrendaKBrown-I'm glad to see you back here! I've only been a member since September, but before I joined, I used to come and look at all the lovely patterns. I didn't know it was a forum that I could join until my brother told me. You always had wonderful patterns here, and I haven't seen your name in a long while. I was worried about you. I hope you've been okay. You are such an inspiration for me.:manyheart:hug

This pattern sounds adorable. I'm going to try to make some for Christmas for each of my little grandsons. And put candy canes and little candies in them. They will love them!

Many years ago I used to work in a Krispy Kreme Doughnuts with a girl named Brenda Brown. Neither of us liked the job, but we sure had fun working together. :lol

Oh my! My head has just grown with all of the praise! I am doing fine, though gone a lot and preparing for our local Christmas House boutique. I am happy to say it is this weekend! I will be so glad to have this fund raiser behind me for another year! However, this little stocking came as a result of the boutique, so that's okay. My candy cane pouch that I posted here came from that project, too.

I was thinking about making this stocking bigger and adding candies, but an airline ticket for my sister to come home for christmas. I would send it early, of course. She wants so much to come home and I think this would make a great gift.

• 1 month later...

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply! The abbreviation "nt" stands for next. It isn't used as much anymore in print patterns, but I use it in y patterns out of habit. I help a friend with her brailling business and space is crutial. The word next is 4 letters while nt of course is only two. Well, braille is one uniform size, so we save space as much as possible!

• 11 months later...

Hi, I'm new to Crochetville and fairly new to crocheting. I was trying to make this cute stocking but was confused when I came to row 21 where it says:

"Row 21: Sc in first 10 sc, (sc nt 2 sc together) 4 times, sc in last 10 sc. Fasten off."

Specifically this part: (sc nt 2 sc together)

Could someone explain this row, please?

Thank you!

Hi, I'm new to Crochetville and fairly new to crocheting. I was trying to make this cute stocking but was confused when I came to row 21 where it says:

"Row 21: Sc in first 10 sc, (sc nt 2 sc together) 4 times, sc in last 10 sc. Fasten off."

Specifically this part: (sc nt 2 sc together)

Could someone explain this row, please?

Thank you!

Single crochet in first 10 single crochet, (single crochet next 2 single crochet together [decrease single crochet] 4 times, single crochet in last 10 single crochet.

Hope this helps!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived