My hubby grabbed my boucle! ....

....No, it's not a typo, he grabbed it alright, and I just wanted to share. :lol

Mr. J patiently held it for me, unwinding the jumbo Sensations Rainbow skein as I rewound it into a ball...and without even being asked.

-such the dearheart.

I'm determined to make my very first Seraphina shawl and in wanting to avoid recurring snags, pulling from the center of the original skein (as I heard can annoyingly occur), I thought it would serve me well to rewind it into a tidy ball. That's when my DH jumped to the rescue, as he came in and saw the ball growing close to fumbling size with still so many miles to go.

I'm going to keep him! :manyheart

That's sooo sweet of your hubby. My dad does the same thing for me. Some guys are just sooo great. Others, not so much. But, if they're willing to help with crochet related things they must be allright. lol

Thanks for sharing!! That brought a smile to my face!!

Julee

He sounds like a sweetheart! :manyheart

I bought a yarn winder from someone here at Crochetville because I have a lot of skeins that need to be made into cakes. It's so much easier to work with the yarn when it's not giving you a hard time coming out of the skein. The problem is, we've been so busy at work, I've been putting in extra hours, and by the time I get back to my apartment, if I sat and made all the yarn into cakes that needed to be made into cakes, it would cut into my crocheting time horribly! I made mention of that fact one night when DH asked me "how come you haven't used your new yarn winder yet?" I told him that I had so much yarn that needed to be turned into cakes that it would become a full time job and would pretty much negate my chances of crocheting for a while if I started it. And, once I start it, I kind of have to finish it. I came home one night to discover that he had spent the entire eight hours that I was at work turning skeins into cakes! He's a keeper too! :manyheart

That is SO sweet! Mine is only a yarn holder if I use coercion, especially since he saw a swift and ball winder in action on one of my yarn petting trips.

but did he buy you 1? if not, he needs to help :)

sandy

He sounds like a sweetheart! :manyheart

I bought a yarn winder from someone here at Crochetville because I have a lot of skeins that need to be made into cakes. It's so much easier to work with the yarn when it's not giving you a hard time coming out of the skein. The problem is, we've been so busy at work, I've been putting in extra hours, and by the time I get back to my apartment, if I sat and made all the yarn into cakes that needed to be made into cakes, it would cut into my crocheting time horribly! I made mention of that fact one night when DH asked me "how come you haven't used your new yarn winder yet?" I told him that I had so much yarn that needed to be turned into cakes that it would become a full time job and would pretty much negate my chances of crocheting for a while if I started it. And, once I start it, I kind of have to finish it. I came home one night to discover that he had spent the entire eight hours that I was at work turning skeins into cakes! He's a keeper too! :manyheart

Definitely a keeper also! That was so nice of him!:cheer:clap:hug

Now why can't I find a guy like that? :lol:lol

Definitely a keeper also! That was so nice of him!:cheer:clap:hug

Now why can't I find a guy like that? :lol:lol

Yeah, good question. Why can't I find a guy like that? Guess I still got some work to do in the looks/cooking/cleaning department.

Julee

I came home one night to discover that he had spent the entire eight hours that I was at work turning skeins into cakes! He's a keeper too! :manyheart

Wow, Elle -that is love!!! What a dearheart to have turned all of your skeins into cakes, and all in one sitting, no less....He sounds like the epitome of patience, perseverance and kindheartedness all 'turned' into one. Yep, your guy is definitely a keeper!!! :yes

Wow, Elle -that is love!!! What a dearheart to have turned all of your skeins into cakes, and all in one sitting, no less....He sounds like the epitome of patience, perseverance and kindheartedness all 'turned' into one. Yep, your guy is definitely a keeper!!! :yes

He has his moments, but I suppose we all do, so I overlook those. He wholeheartedly supports my crochet efforts, so I love him all the more for that. :c9

This makes me miss my 2nd son. Since he was a teenager he was the only one who had the patience to hold and pull out the yarn for me while I wind it into a ball. He'll still do it today if I ask him. But I can't anymore. He's married and in the Air Force and stationed in California. Thats a long way from the Island. He's also the only one who loves to read like me. We used to just each read our books together. Now I wish he was here.

What wonderful sharings that you've experienced with your son, Pat, the makings of such life-long loving memories, which I bet play over in his mind as well, despite the miles that lie between you now. I can imagine how much you must miss having him with you. :hug

Archived