Another angel

I Create

This is the same pattern I used for the other one I posted earlier, this one I tried in white cotton yarn (Sugar and Cream or whatever it is) and a strand of gold thread with it at the same time (size 5 thread). I really like this one (haven't put the hanger on it yet). It is very sparkly but won't show in the picture and I keep trying different light, inside, out etc. I had to change this pattern around as it was not written with correct terms/directions so now it goes a lot faster and better.

It's now 9/28 and I decided to add the last one I made with white cotton yarn and a pink sparkly fuzzy Hobby Lobby yarn. I've made another one, too in a cream color with gold glittery specs. I like the pink though it looks darker in the picture than it really is. This one has the door hanger added, I put the door hanger part on all of them.

post-23943-135897451801_thumb.jpg

post-23943-135897451806_thumb.jpg

post-23943-13589745637_thumb.jpg

It is listed below as angel door hanger, and yes I posted the link. However, I found that this pattern was inacurate or at least not explained very well in some places so I had to make changes on my copy. I also added the hanger part myself and told how I did it.

Very pretty, Bonnie! I can imagine how the gold thread must add light and luster to your angel. -Well done! Kudos for adapting the pattern to work up better and faster! :yes

Dawn, the size of the angel depends on the yarn and hook you use. With the Peaches and Cream yarn and a strand of gold size 5 thread, I used a size G hook, it is about 7 or 8" high. That is the angel itself. With the hanger I added of my own it is about 12" total. I'm going to make some in size 3 thread and see how they come out. I think it will be good. Not sure what size hook. Maybe a C or D.

As to what changes I made....some of it is just clarifying the directions. For instance, whoever wrote it did not say to count the ch 3 as the first DC of the row, but that is what you have to do or else it doesn't come out right. And where it says "skip next st" it really means "skip next ch" or next "ch 2" space. On row 4, the pattern states at the end of the row "2 DC in each of next 4 sts" but it should say next 3 and top of ch 3. Those of us who have crocheted a long time can figure these things out, but it made the pattern slower for me to stop and think what she (or he) really meant. And for the less experienced crocheter it could mean the difference in giving up on a pattern or sticking with it. It's a shame to not use such a great design, too!

There is one mistake that I haven't figured out yet. I'm not sure why but I end up with an extra DC on one of the rows. I always just skip one st and it comes out fine, but I will try to remember where it is and figure it out at some point.

I also added a slight ruffle that makes a big difference in the look to me and I like it. On that last row you turn and then ch 2, sl st in next st, all the way across and end off. I made the hanger part up myself and that is on the first angel thread I posted (I think I called it a snow angel door hanger, don't know where I got "snow angel" from!).

I hope this helps.

Archived