Hey There...

NexStitch

I got sucked into the site late last night that I didn't even say "hi." I was like a kid in a candy store. I just went full speed ahead for the candy without saying "hi" to the shop keeper. Sorry!

I'm Amie. I'm crochet obsessed. I've been doing it since I was 9 (29 going on...20?!). My great-grandmother taught me and I've been doing it ever since. I have an art education degree and I just LOVE teaching people crochet. I also have a heavy art background. I went to Mason Gross School of the Arts at Rutger's (and hated it) for two very long agonizing years, and transferred to a teachig college for another 4 and graduated and went back for a graphic design certification. I really LOVE designing too. So, I've taken my two favorites loves and combined them into one with my little business. It's only been a year, but I can't help but wonder, "Why didn't I think of this any SOONER?" lol.

Anyway, that's me. Back to my hoooks....

Hello Amie, and welcome!!!

I'd talk some more over liking your work and your newsletter but I'd probably sound silly.:P

Thanks all!

LOL Kari. Hey, I just appreciate that you're liking it.

Lovingmommy: I know, right?! There's a lot to offer here. It's like the first time I went to Craftster. It's like Christmas every day of the year!

Kim, Comment allez-vous ? À quoi ressemble la Belgique ? I love travelling. I'm mostly an island girl though.

Yarncat, thanks! I like the pink shawl on your main page there. Very nice!

Hey All,

This IS a busy forum! Hi all to those I didn't "hi" to. LOL.

Hey Drew, you're going to the conference, right? We should start a thread on that. I'd love to hear about it from those coming back from it. I've never been, so just wondering how it is.

Thanks again all!

I just finished that pattern less than a week ago and got it posted in record time, not before I drove my fiance crazy. He helps me with the photography, as it's better to have 2 people than 1. I frogged that pattern probably 12 times for sure trying to make it just right. I'm glad it's done and turned out the way I wanted to.

Greetings from Alberta, Canada!!!! :welcome to Crochetville, Amie, I know you will fit right in. I too love your designs! They are absolutely darling. My name is Melannie and I do not even have half the talent that you possess to design:eek !

I just stick to the basics of reading patterns and creating my own little twist to things. I don't have any pics up as of yet, but I will one of these days. I'm glad to meet you and enjoy your stay here at Crochetville!

I love this place so much. You all are the friendliest people. Someone is going to have to DRAG me away from the computer (and this forum!)

Ashleigh, thanks! I've worked hard at the blog. I LOVE showing what I do. It's a lot of graphic design and photography, more than most might expect. So, it's cool to share with others. I get a lot of off-blog comments from people asking about this or that, so I just kind of post when I see an interest in a certain area.

I'm in the process of doing crochet articles on my site RIGHT NOW (or I'm supposed to me, LOL) as well as some regular crochet videos and photos to suppliement the text. I'll probably blog on that sometime in the next few weeks for sure.

Doing videos is kind of neat. My fiance knows professional sound (we have a recording studio in our house), pro audio, pro video, pro animation (some), and pro- graphic design. He really helps out with the videos! He has me set up so that when I'm filming, I can see what's being filmed in the camera through his portable DVD player. It's pretty neat. So, I'm sure you'll see more sometime soon.

Kim, Comment allez-vous ? À quoi ressemble la Belgique ? I love travelling. I'm mostly an island girl though.
Yay!! Un autre personne qui parles français!! I don't feel so lonely now :D I'm from Michigan but have been living here 2 years for work - its great and it gives me a wonderful base to travel from during my free time!

Hey Drew, you're going to the conference, right? We should start a thread on that. I'd love to hear about it from those coming back from it. I've never been, so just wondering how it is.

Didn't make it this year, although they did stuff my brochure in the gift packets they handed out. :wink

brochure-inside.gif

Je ne parle pas francais! LOL. J'ai trois ans du francais dans le lycee. And that's it. LOL. It was a long time ago!
Au contraire - tu parles un petit peu de francias! LOL and for a minute I was so excited to have another french speaker (I'm trying to crochet in french which is driving me nuts right now)!

Welcome to the board though! Even if you speak only a little french! :devil:hug

Archived