6" and/or 12" Squares, please - Ghan complete Pic on post #52

nicolep

I have a very close friend that was my rock when my son died five years ago. She is now suffering through her own pain while watching her husband fight Hodgkin's lymphoma. I really want to make an comfortghan to give both of them (one afghan total as a gift to both). I cannot express what they both mean to me. I truly sit here able to function because they accepted my call whenever I called regardless of the time.

My friend's name is Kathy and Bob is her husband's name.

If you're able, here are the type of squares I'd be extremely grateful to receive -

Worsted weight yarn - Any yarn is fine except the very soft/thin yarns such as Red Heart Soft and Caron Simply Soft. RHSS, Vanna's Choice and ILTY (or similar) would be wonderful.

Type - Make whatever kind of square you'd like....traditional granny or a different kind. The more variety in squares the better in my opinion.

Color - Fall colors such as red, burnt orange, browns. Kathy has talked to me many times about how much they love going to their lake house during fall.

Trim - Trimmed in black or complimentary color with SC around. I'm going to use a flat braid join and the SC would help me out a great deal.

I'm really okay with either 6" or 12" squares. If I get a lot of 6", I'll make 12" squares to make up for them and vise versa.

Please let me know if I left out any needed info. Thank you so much for your help and/or consideration. I will send all of those able to help a PM with the mailing address.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think you did a great job specifying what you needed. :) I am willing to make some 6" squares! I am not sure how many yet, but I will let you know before I mail. I guess my only other question is your time frame if there is one? :hug

Thanks so much! :cheer

I edited my first post with a time frame. September 7th will be a month and give me sometime to join before I give it to them.

I have some 6" squares I can mail you. I'll look through and see what I have in the colors you requested (they are traditional grannies). Send me a PM with your address and I'll get them in the mail to you sometime next week.

I have some 6" squares I can mail you. I'll look through and see what I have in the colors you requested (they are traditional grannies). Send me a PM with your address and I'll get them in the mail to you sometime next week.

Hi Nicole! I can make you a few 6". Please do PM me your address.

please pm me your address.

Thank you all. :manyheart

I will made a couple of 12". Please pm me your address and I'll get them in the mail asap!

Thank you! :hug

I have 2-6" squares made so far. I will work on getting a 12" square done. :) I will send some time early this coming week.

:cheer

This is one of the reasons I love Crochetville so much. Everyone is so willing to help others.

I can get at least a couple of squares out in the mail to you by the middle of the week. :)

Thank you!

Okay, I have four 6" and one 12" square done. I plan to send Tuesday. :hug

Thank you, I'll let you know when I receive. :manyheart

I put 3 6" squares in the mail to you today, you should get them in the next few days. I trimmed them in sc using black as requested. You'll have to show us your afghan once complete. :)

:hugI will let you know when the squares are received. Thank you! Oh, I will definitely post a picture for you all once it's done.

Archived