Update on Allyssa's blanket

I have a 1 yr old granddaughter that lost her blanket that I crocheted her. And her mother wants me to make another one! My question is... Should I make her a smaller version since the other one she would drag it around! She can't go no where w/out it!!! Her mother said she cried herself to sleep last night! She has another one..when she got up she dragged it into their living room and when she found out it wasn't her favorite one she threw it down! So I am not sure she will even cling to the new one that I will make! So what would you all suggest that I should do?

Also the yarn I used you can't find anymore..so I know she will know it is not exactly the same one!

Any suggestions would help! Like I said she is one and she walks and carries it around..and because it was so big she drug it around!

Thanks for your help in advance!

This is the blanket she lost!

Well I decided to make a smaller version since she liked the edging. It was the most important part of the afghan to her! Well I finished it last night and her mama took a pic of her with it and said it worked! She even got to sleep in today while Allyssa stayed in her baby bed playing! :yay

post-13365-135897433459_thumb.jpg

You're a Super Grand! You can't beat a Grandma with a magic hook :2magicWay to save the day, Mama Crochet!

That is just beautiful! I bet she was one happy little girl! I love the pattern and edging....can you share which pattern you used?

It is "Best of Terry Kimbrough Baby Afghans" Leisure Arts. The only thing I did different on mine was crochet my own ribbon! It is quite an easy pattern once you get a couple of rows done because it is just repeating itself! Hope this helps!

By the way... I just spoke w/ her mama and she said she is still napping w/ her new blanket! She said she guesses she is catching up on her sleep! Because for the last wk she wouldn't take naps nor go to bed til midnight. So I am sure little bit is relieved!

Archived