I think I'm hooked on broomstick...

eyrthmother1

Recently I taught myself to do broomstick and I think im addicted. this week I have made 3 scarves in it, w/ a variations in them.

the blue was the 1st one. It is 4 rows of broomstick w/ sc, then 2 rows of dc.

the mauve one was 2nd and is straight broomstick w/ sc.

the yellow 1 is straight broomstick w/ dc.

Sandy

post-5657-135897429479_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897429489_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897429494_thumb.jpg

post-5657-1358974295_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897429502_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897429506_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897429509_thumb.jpg

post-5657-135897429512_thumb.jpg

i too just learned broomstick lace! :yes i love it too! :cheer its a really easy REALLY pretty stitch. your projects look great! :hook after i bought the knitting needles to work on it i thaught my three yr old to "cast-on" shes always wanting me to teach her to crochet... but shes still to little, she does very well casting on tho :hook she'll be crocheting in a few years maybe :hook

:cheer I really like those! I know how to do it, but I've never made a scarf, just played around with it some... I like to try new things just to learn how they're done, and broomstick was one of those things that I never took any farther than that. After seeing your mauve one, I'm going to have to make one like it. Your yarn looks like Caron SS - is that what you used? Hmmmmmm..... I need another project like I need a hole in my head. :lol

Those are beautiful! Was it hard to learn?

I just learnt it by looking at crochetcabana's instructions on how to do it, but had put off trying to learn for a while now even though i'd had the big needle. Kim is also having a class on it through c'ville, if that way would interest you, go check out the class section.

Love the scarfs. I really love the mauve one. What kind of yarn did you use? Was it hard to learn?

All 3 scarves are made using caron simply soft. Usually I think that yarn splits too much, but w/ this technique it wasn't so bad.

I am thinking (note that is thinking not doing, lol) about how to use it to make a shawl, perhaps, that tapers up/down. we will see where it goes though. :)

Sandy

....... I am thinking (note that is thinking not doing, lol) about how to use it to make a shawl, perhaps, that tapers up/down. we will see where it goes though. :)

Oh Sandy that would be so pretty!!! If you do that are you thinking of decreasing a full section on each end or just part of a section so that you can off set your sections each row? It will almost give it teardrop effects. Please post pictures "when" you do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived