Hat and Scarf sets for Homeless in my town

shana0923

Had my baby 3 weeks ago so I only got 2 scarves done and a hat, I know its not much but I would like to still get them to you if you'll still have them...let me know... :o)

Niki- I would be very happy to use them! Thanks for even trying to do any with a new baby!

pine knott- i got your 2 scarves and they are gorgeous! Thanks so much for helping.

Tina- Thanks and kudos to you for doing the same thing.

Hi, I would love to help you with this. I make hats and scarves during the summer because they're easy and fast projects. Please pm me your address and I'll get some out to you!

I love to crochet for a cause...just let me know where to send them to...wish I could have done more. May I ask what 923 stand for? I only ask because thats my birthday September 23. :o)

• 2 weeks later...

I will be mailing you a box of sets that I have made you your cause. Please let me know when they arrive. I have enjoyed crocheting them and now I am looking for a new project.

God bless you for taking this project on.

Sunshine Ida

Thanks so much for the help!! I had to stop on them and make a shawl for our pastor's mother-in-law as she is having health problems. She is in her early 90's and gets cold easily so I thought it would be nice for her to have something to wrap around her shoulders at church. But the project is getting there and all the ones I have received so far are gorgeous.

Wanted to let you guys know i have received several and had plans to take pics and get them posted and all that but my father- in-law got really bad about a week ago and we have been on a bedside vigil and he passed away on the 8th. The funeral is tomorrow and I can't really catch up on anything right this minute. I will do it though. So sorry.

Sunshine Ida and grannytme---I received both of your packages and was amazed at the amount you sent. thank you so much and it was such a help and a blessing.

ansept- Thanks so much for the help with this project. God Bless you.

Minderella- Most of them are just your average adult hat and scarf. Enough to be warm and cozy on a cold day or night. Should be acrylic so it will wear well and not need special care. I will appreciate anything that is sent and I am sure the recipients will also.

Wanted to let you guys know i have received several and had plans to take pics and get them posted and all that but my father- in-law got really bad about a week ago and we have been on a bedside vigil and he passed away on the 8th. The funeral is tomorrow and I can't really catch up on anything right this minute. I will do it though. So sorry.

Sunshine Ida and grannytme---I received both of your packages and was amazed at the amount you sent. thank you so much and it was such a help and a blessing.

ansept- Thanks so much for the help with this project. God Bless you.

Minderella- Most of them are just your average adult hat and scarf. Enough to be warm and cozy on a cold day or night. Should be acrylic so it will wear well and not need special care. I will appreciate anything that is sent and I am sure the recipients will also.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this month I got a little sidetracked with my father-in-law passing, Blaze being sick and then my best friend's mom passed so I have not taken pics or done anything with the hats and scarves yet. I am getting ready to wash them all and when I do I will take a pic of all of them together. I am sorry it has taken so long. I received so many and am blown away by the generosity of the villers. I am very thankful for all of the help I received with this project. I have found out that we actually have a "tent" city of homeless people on some land a person owns who is letting them stay there and even paid to have a port-a-potty put there and pays to have it maintained. he got them wood to build a shed thing and barrels to burn in and they are making it but it is sad. He said they can stay on the land as long as it is kept clean so I think that is pretty giving. I am going to contact our paper to find who did the story and see if they can tell me exactly where this is an dI want to take the hat and scarf sets there. I don't know how many people are there but hopefully there are enough to go around. I only received one small kids set and am not sure if I should take it or not. I would hate to take that one and there be more little kids. What shoudl I do about that?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I talked to our local newspaper office today. They told me of the general area where this tent city for homeless is located. I have all the hat and scarf sets washed and dried. There were 28 sets and 12 extra hats and a 3 extra scarves. I am so thankful to all of you that helped because it wouldn't have been possible to collect this many or make this many by myself. It is so much appreciated and you will be blessed for helping in such a big way. There was only one set that was toddler sized and a 1 single white hat and one white set that I wasn't sure would be right for the homeless so I am giving those to some children in my church. I hope that is ok.

Archived