Hat and Scarf sets for Homeless in my town

shana0923

Ok ladies and gents! I have a favor to ask the most talented yarnsmiths on the net. My Sunday School class has a thing going where everyone is our class is coming up with a charity project. The project I picked is to collect hat and scarf sets for the homeless in our area. My town has been hit hard in these hard financial times. We are the carpet capitol of the world and we were going downhill even before now because of hardwoods and laminates becoming so popular. So many people here have lost their jobs and in turn their homes and I want to help them. I already have a few people that are going to help but wanted to ask here because I know so many of you do a lot of charity work. If I was faster and could afford it I would do it all but I am not and cannot. So, can anyone find it in their heart to send a hat and scarf st to me to collect for them. I would need them by September 15th or right in that area so we could get them out before it gets cold here. Thanks in advance to anyone that will help. God Bless You!:manyheart

I finally finished my major project which was my babys afghan, and I would love to help out, any pattern in particular you wanted so I can get started on some stuff??

I just finished my major project which is my babys blanket, and I would love to help out since I'm going to be home from work waiting for baby to come, any patterns you would like so I can get started on some stuff?? :hook

Oh geez, I'm so sorry I posted twice, and now a third time, my screen showed that it didn't post and to try again, so I did, and then it showed up twice, sorry sorry... :lol

No problem Niki...lol. I don't think really the pattern matters as long as it would be warm. I was thinking maybe different sizes because sadly I am sure there are children in the homeless families too. I hate to even think about it but how can you help people if you don't know or understand their plight. I appreciate the help ladies.

Shana, I really want to help out but I'm in rather a bad state of mind right now but I'm gonna try my best to get at least a few done. Homelessness is near and dear to my heart because that's what I'm going to be come Saturday, just me and my fur baby, Buddy. Anyway I will help you with this project.

Andrea

That would be appreciated!! Anything would help. it doesn't have to be a set, I can match things up. i fyou can do one and not the other that is fine. i am just trying to get warm things to these people. I appreciate any and all help I get.

Hi,You are doing a great thing. I will be glad to join your cause. I have one set made and working on another one. I will work on your project until about the 8th of Sept and then ship what I have off-- hope to have at less six sets or maybe more just depend how busy I am. I am expecting a new grandaughter in August and will have to travel to Mo and will have alot of travel time. Oh by the way I live in florida. How wide do you make your scraves? Please send me your adress.

God Bless you and your family,

Sunshine Ida

Archived