Harry Potter scarf

leaette

Just finished this. I don't think I'll be making any more of these. Weaving in all those ends and doing the fringe was a pain in the bum!!!

Yarn: Caron one pounder: Sunflower and Claret

Stitch: SC weave

Size: 70" long and 7" wide (without fringe). Fringe is around 7.5" long.

This will be part of the Harry Potter raffle at our local library.

post-13797-135897423744_thumb.jpg

SC weave is you SC and CH1, skip stitch and repeat. and next row, you SC and CH1 in the previous row's CH space. it's super easy. makes a weave look pattern to it. no holes. does not look like SC at all.

Great scarf & what a wonderful cause!!! Our local libraries have cut their hours drastically. Some of them are only open 8 hrs a week. It's so sad to think of kids not having the access to libraries like we did growing up.

our little local library lost around $18,000 in their budget this year. they haven't cut hours yet though. we go there at least twice a week. i love it there. i know the raffles don't make much money, but it's better than nothing.

i think you will really like the stitch. it's my new favorite. it doesn't look like crochet. it's flatter and very sturdy. i just made a clutch purse using the stitch and it's really nice.

just remember to chain an even number. but...let me recommend to do a row of regular SC first. if you don't, your chain row will seperate from your work. it's weird.

• 3 months later...

This is a beautiful scarf! I'm thinking of making my friends children some scarves for Christmas and this pattern would work perfectly for the boys and girls. Mind if I ask how many stitches you used across each row?

angiemae: it's been so long since i've made it, i can't remember. but it's 7" across so just chain until you get to 7". make sure it's an even amount of stitches though if you use the stitch pattern i used.

thanks for the compliments everyone. they are doing the raffle right now at the library. it's a great package, all kinds of harry potter stuff in it. i hope it raises a lot of money!

Archived