I've Got The Best Husband Ever!

I had bought in April sock yarn for $36 from the Loopy Ewe website. It was in a hank and the yarn kept getting tangled when I tried winding it into a ball by hand. I got ticked off at it and put it in a drawer for over a month now. Yesterday I finally took it back out and tried winding it in a ball again. I lost my patience.

So my wonderful darling husband is winding the whole thing up for me by hand. He says it will probably take a week all together. I told him i'm not in any hurry.

I am so lucky to have such an understanding & helpful husband!

That is so sweet. Lately, anytime I get a hank, my daughter winds it for me using my swift and ball winder. It is so great to have someone do the work for you. Right now to them it's fun. go figure, but hey I am not complaining.

That is so sweet. Lately, anytime I get a hank, my daughter winds it for me using my swift and ball winder. It is so great to have someone do the work for you. Right now to them it's fun. go figure, but hey I am not complaining.

OMG, I could just see the mess my boys would make with a hank of yarn!!! They would be worse than a cat :lol. DH did frog a whole sweater I made(and then didn't like the pattern) for me. :manyheart

I have a *really* handy 12yo who knows how to hold the loops of yarn while I wind the ball. We can do it about 5 minutes or a bit more. I can't see my dh volunteering for the job...

My husband was always willing to hold the yarn while I would wind it. Now, he doesn't have to because my MIL bought me a ball winder and swift. Still, I always appreciated the fact that he was willing to help.

Your husband is so nice to do that for you.

my dh would just say oh throw it away and buy another..or cant your just cut it and tie an knot? .i once picked at a skein of redheart for several hours trying to roll it up in a ball after it had gotten tangled up..

I too have a ball winder. But my husband actually thinks that it is really cool. So he will sit and wind my yarn for me. There has actually been a few times that he will sit on the couch with me in the evening and unwind the yarn for me as I crochet! :clap

Archived