Help needed One of our member's dh had a stroke/Afghan finished

HappyOldCro

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you all for the squares that have arrived, and for the ones still being worked on. And Thank you who are still offering to help, every single square helps. I have ordered a new camera, and as soon as it arrives I will post pics. They said 3 to 8 business days. :)

sent a square for you today.

Received your square today, thank you so very much. Great color too!!!:manyheart

Do you still need squares?

I can use any you can send, it will certainly be received with open arms.:yes:hug

I'd like to help. I can mail something right away if they are still needed.

No big rush, I am still working on making a center section, and it will be awhile before the other squares come in. I am hoping to complete the whole thing by end of next month. So he will have it for the Fall.:hook

:hug

Just got home from visiting dd and sil. Jim is doing well, he can speak but left side of mouth and eyes droop alot. His whole left side is drooping, his shoulder and arm are limp but the therapist has him so that he can hold his arm up for a little while. He has a tendency to shuffle and has to be reminded to pick his left leg up. He likes to face right and do everything with the right side and has to be corrected by dd. He is very child like and needs to be watched because he wants to do things he used to do, and it can be dangerous for him. DD is really being strong and trying very hard to keep him on track. He has a difficulty following instructions, and has to be told things one at a time, or else the first things get lost and he only remembers the last thing. He tires easily, but he does try to do things. Sometimes he gets angry either because he can't do something, or at dd for reminding him how to do it, but once he rests he is a little better and tries again.

We did share a few laughs today, and went out for a ride to take care of some errands.

He wants to drive so badly, and dd has to keep telling him no...Therapist told him he has to stay away from the van, and any other machinery that he could get hurt on. Or else the doctor will have his license pulled.

It is so hard to see this big bear of a man stricken down like this...

So happy to hear that he is making some progress. It will be slow, but any progress is good news! I would love to send you a square or two. Please PM me with the address.

Love and prayers . . .

I will be mailing out some squares on monday to you,

Received them today, they are lovely, I can see the detailed work you have put in them. Thank you so much...:hug

Another square is on its way!

Your square arrived. I love that yarn, do you mind if I ask what it is? Even the color is appealing.

Thank you sooo much.

I think together with others that were promised and haven't arrived yet, I should be good.

Love and Blessings to all.

:manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, currently needing 20 more squares, green, red, yellow and ecru (cream) would be nice but will take anything I can get. August is almost here and I still have to put it all together.

Thanks again

The camera had to be returned it didn't take clear pictures. Will borrow family member's camera the next visit. I think you all deserve to see the great squares that have come in...

I will make a few more, PM me your address again, I lost it. I will make a red one, a green one for sure. If I have time I will do one in yellow and ecru.

Debbie

Red square done

Green square done

Will see how many more I can get done by Wednesday, which is when I will mail them to you.

Red square done

Green square done

Will see how many mpre I can get done by Wednesday, which is when I will mail them to you.

I have been doing some too. I got a toned green done and I am doing ecru next. since i don't have much in solids, I have been doing tones, in other words the whole square is green but different shades of green :hook. I am also going to do it in yellow. I don't have any worsted reds, but think I have some burgundy. That should work.:hug

I have four more finished

One green, one red, one yellow, and one off white.

I will mail them out first thing tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

Hope this helps.

Debbie

I have four more finished

One green, one red, one yellow, and one off white.

I will mail them out first thing tomorrow (Wednesday) morning.

Hope this helps.

Debbie

Thanks dear,You have made life so much easier for me, I just finished my 6th and hope to be able to squeeze out at least 2 more from the left overs. I just received some stash yarn in the mail, and may even be able to make the rest from doubling sport weight yarn to make worsted. :hook

Visited dd and jim yesterday, and he is working hard at his therapy, but the smallest distraction causes his brain to forget he has a left side.

Do you have enough squares now? I have some cream and some bone. I can send you more if you need them.

Huggs, Goldie

According to my calculations, recieved another today, deedes did 4, I did 8 and that means I need 7, expecting 3 more from others, so that leaves 4 more needed. So if you don't mind, I sure could use them...:hug

Oh, nearly forgot. Getting a loan of a camera this weekend, so hoping to get those pics up...

Will also have to make large center square bigger. I measured wrong, and forgot to allow for joining the squares, thank goodness I have enough of that yarn left over.

I mailed one red one yestereday, since I'm in PA also it should get to you soon. Charlene

Thanks Charlene, it is appreciated. :manyheart

I also received one with no return address, so thanks to minwife, very pretty color, one I never thought to use, but very appropriate for my ghan. Turquoise, :think don't know why it never came to mind. (it looks so nice with the brown squares I have). You are a dear...:hug

Received 5 more squares today, thank you Charlene and deedes. The mail came just as I was running out the door to do a bunch of errands.

dh's coffee buddy is bringing his camera over tomorrow, got tons of pics to take, for other threads as well as this one. They should be up by tomorrow evening.

I have had a real long and tiring day today, so good night sweet crocheters and Thank you once more...

Archived