Help needed One of our member's dh had a stroke/Afghan finished

HappyOldCro

My dd and a ville member "minx" has been hit with news her dh had a series of strokes. His last one put him in the hospital Friday evening and he is still there. He has lost a lot of use in his left side from head to toe, and additionally they believe he also has MS. We won't know the final results until this coming Friday. Drs say he cannot go back to work any time soon and will be spending alot of time in therapy. He is considered a fall risk, and is not allowed out of bed unassisted.

She hasn't been on in a while as she has been busy with all the preparations and changes in her life but I am sure she will be here soon. She will be able to give you updates and other details at that time.

I was thinking about making a comfort ghan for him. Something that would be special for him, he was so delighted with the hubby swap, so I know he appreciates anything that shows him people really do care.

He is a really big man, so I was thinking of 10" squares in solid colors (no pink please) in any stitch you want to use as long as there is a final round of sc, hdc, or dc (for me to join them). If anyone can help and participate (even one square is great) please pm me for address.

If you could attach a tag with a wish or note and your CV name it would make it more fun for him to read them (or us to read them to him, as he is experiencing vision and reading difficulties also).

Thank You,

:hug:manyheart

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am working on three comforghans myself and have had lots of help from everyone, least I can do is help someone else. I would be willing to help. I have all next week off. I will pm you

everyone thank you. dh came home from hospital today not knowing what caused the stroke. the drs have no idea. so when everything comes back negative and they have no idea what caused it send him home. that makes alot of sense . i am so frustated that i want to scream.:eek

everyone thank you. dh came home from hospital today not knowing what caused the stroke. the drs have no idea. so when everything comes back negative and they have no idea what caused it send him home. that makes alot of sense . i am so frustated that i want to scream.:eek

They have an MRI that shows lesions and large white areas in the brain and call that negative?

:hug

They have an MRI that shows lesions and large white areas in the brain and call that negative?

yup they are idiots. the other half of the tap went out today they will have it back friday.meanwhile i have to make an appointment with the neurologist and the regular dr by next week. we went for a walk today and he can barely walk by himself i had to hold his arm on the left side. in the papers that they sent home with him it said paralysist on the left side. now does any of this make sense to anyone.:think

count me in............ I'll PM as soon as I'm ready to send!!!

do take care minx! hugs and prayers to you and hubby!!! :hug

:heart

:mug

yup they are idiots. the other half of the tap went out today they will have it back friday.meanwhile i have to make an appointment with the neurologist and the regular dr by next week. we went for a walk today and he can barely walk by himself i had to hold his arm on the left side. in the papers that they sent home with him it said paralysist on the left side. now does any of this make sense to anyone.:think

if he has paralysis on the left side he had a stroke on the right side of his brain. http://www.strokeassociation.org/presenter.jhtml?identifier=1052

http://www.stroke.org/site/PageServer?pagename=EFFECT here are a couple sites that explain it in normal person terms (not dr. talk) go in with questions to the neuro. dr. and take someone with you because you will miss some stuff they say. and between the 2 people you should get a good understanding. they will probably do more tests to see what exactly was affected. good luck. your in my thoughts

I think they are searching not for a diagnosis, it is obvious he had a stroke, or many mini strokes. They want answers as to why a younger otherwise healthy male had a stroke.

They cannot figure out where the clot came from and where it went. Those are the tests that are negative and don't answer their questions.

In their minds, this should not have happened, but it did, the MRI testifies to that.

Be cool, concentrate on yourself and Jimmy, don't let them get you worked up too much.

In due time, things will be made known. In the meantime, he is your miracle man, because he survived it all.

Luv ya....

I have some bad news. He is up at Hershey now. He is being tested for some rare disease that I never heard of.

I don't know how to describe it, but he has become demented & has no memory. It is very upsetting and scarey. The doctors have no clue at all.

And because I can't drive, I cannot even be there to comfort my daughter.

My oldest son is with her, and I sit by the phone waiting for news....

I have some bad news. He is up at Hershey now. He is being tested for some rare disease that I never heard of.

I don't know how to describe it, but he has become demented & has no memory. It is very upsetting and scarey. The doctors have no clue at all.

And because I can't drive, I cannot even be there to comfort my daughter.

My oldest son is with her, and I sit by the phone waiting for news....

So sorry to hear this, Carol. Wish I was closer, I would drive you there.

I know how it is to have a loved one far away in a hospital, and not be able to be with them.

If you don't mind me asking, how old is he?

I hope the doctors can find out what is wrong and treat it.

Sending best wishes and healing thoughts to your son-in-law.

Try to stay strong for your daughter, I hope you hear some good news soon.

So sorry to hear this, Carol. If you don't mind me asking, how old is he? Early 40's

I hope the doctors can find out what is wrong and treat it.

Sending best wishes and healing thoughts to your son-in-law.

Try to stay strong for your daughter, I hope you hear some good news soon.

Spoke with her on phone this AM. He has really calmed down alot, and Drs seem to think it is something genetic, so they are testing for that.

His father and brother went to hospital yesterday (from DE). They answered alot of stuff for Drs, but nothing seemed to explain it.

They told dd that he will be there for awhile, and they are doing therapy with him to help him with balance and stuff, while still doing more tests.

It is a University Hospital so they have a lot more resources than the local hospital did.

I sent two squares off in the mail this morning. I am so sorry to hear your latest news. :hug

Thank you so much. Thanks to everyone who is praying and helping out.

I received one lovely navy blue granny square from the ville today. :manyheart

I was going to do a pic, but got so involved with other stuff, never got to it. I think I will wait a bit and then do a collage of the squares I get. This will give me time to work on some of my squares and other obligations.

New Spinal Tap shows possibility of either MS or Vasculitis. Jim is being sent to a Harrisburg Therapy Center. Still waiting on results of other tests. He is on high doses of steroids now, and is showing positive results.

Keep those squares and prayers coming, please. He will need a comfortghan to hug him and remind him of home.

I sent two squares off in the mail this morning. I am so sorry to hear your latest news. :hug

Received them this morning, thank you dear. They are very nice. :manyheart At least the steroids are helping him.

New Spinal Tap shows possibility of either MS or Vasculitis. Jim is being sent to a Harrisburg Therapy Center. Still waiting on results of other tests. He is on high doses of steroids now, and is showing positive results.

Keep those squares and prayers coming, please. He will need a comfortghan to hug him and remind him of home.

Drs. changed things again!!

They sent him home with steroid prescriptions and the therapists/health aid will be coming to his house. At least he will be with dd and be able to relax more.

Just received a beautiful royal blue square done in a basket stitch. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

:hug:manyheart:yes

I just mailed 2 squares to you.

Received them today, they are lovely, especially the one with the hearts!!! Thank you so much. I am trying to fix camera, I charged it all day yesterday, but all it wants to do is blink off and on...

Received two others also, thank you cindy, I am really fond of the one that has a triangular pinwheel look.

I am working on a center piece that the squares will surround, I just wish I could get this camera to cooperate. It worked fine a few days ago, then the pics started getting blurry, no matter what setting I put it on, and now nothing.:eek

Maybe I should try the scanner? :think

Archived