Crochet Magazines I Found

I found these at a second hand store for .25 cents each last night. Here are 2 photos, there are some more in my blog with close ups of the mini ones (some I didn't know existed).

So if you're like and you look at second hand stores and get discourged, just give it time.

Debbi

Great Find! I have never found anything like that at our thrift stores - they just don't seem to have crochet stuff.

Wow! What a haul!!

Briana, I always thought the same thing! Then last year...late fall...two thrift stores, within a month of each other had a bunch!! (and one of them I don't go to very often b/c it's out of the way...that day was a good day to go) Just hang in there. You never know when a non-:crocheting is cleaning out someone else's stash.

:woo What a great find. Some of the smaller ones look like ones I have in my collection. You will love them. Enjoyed the ad for Speedwriting. I use to know Gregg Shorthand but have forgotten it. If what I remember about Speedwriting is correct its done by leaving out all of the vowels from the words. So instead of using forms/strokes to represent letters/words as used in Gregg shorthand, in Speedwriting you just write out the words but leave out the vowels. Example, Speedwriting would be written as Spdwrtng. Or you would write the sentence "Everyone in Crochetville loves to crochet." as "vryn n Crchtvll lvs t crcht." If I remember correctly that's how its done. I used to know someone a long time ago who did speedwriting. Back to the crochet magazines. Go get your favorite beverage and sit down and just look at your "new find" very carefully and make a list of everything you want to make. Enjoy them.

Wow, you did really good!! You will be even busier than me this winter! I do more yarn creating in the winter than I do in the summer because of the heat. Altho, this year heat has not been a problem at all, in fact we had no spring, and so far looks like summer is lost too!! Have fun and enjoy those magazines!! smokey

Archived