My crocheted slippers hurt my feet :(

I made some crocheted slippers in hopes of weraing them at the hospital when I have my babe in a few weeks. Unfortunately, they KILL my feet. The texture I guess. Maybe after the pregnancy they'll be fine, after the swelling goes away, but I'm so disappointed that I can't use them in the hospital like I intended.

I've considered lining them in felt, but am not crazy about the idea.

Any other ideas?

Can you put a pair of those soft insoles, like Dr. Scholls, inside of the slipper? You can buy those in almost any drug or grocery store.

Can you put a pair of those soft insoles, like Dr. Scholls, inside of the slipper? You can buy those in almost any drug or grocery store.

I would try that. Only one little thing about the slippers is to be careful when walking. Hospital floors can be slick.

Good luck with your baby. I hope everything goes smoothly for you and the baby.

:manyheart

I can't wear crocheted slippers or socks either....they hurt! That's one of the reasons why I learned to knit....I wanted handmade socks that I could actualy wear. (Yes, I have tried lots of different yarns and patters...they still hurt!)

If after laundering you find you can wear them, try puffy paint dotted on the bottom for traction on slippery hosptial floors. May need to reapply after repeated washing several times.

I made a pair of socks and I used sock yarn, and they hurt my feet. I think it is the nature of the crochet stitch, it isn't as flat as a knit stitch.

It might also depend on gauge and stitch.

I have a pair of slippers crocheted in SC from several strands with a Q hook, and they hurt my feet to walk in them. But they are warm and good to sleep in in the winter.

I also have a pair of slippers made in HDC from regular old worsted weight and an H hook, and those don't bother me at all.

I've found that HDC is a pretty flat stitch, especially worked in the round.

Archived