Some good clean fun?!

Happy Pizza Day, I mean Friday...

Joanne, love the baby blanket! What a pretty color!

Stacy, how does it feel to have most of your midterms done? I think you are doing an amazing job being mom, wife, student, and working outside the home.... :nworthy

Marisa and LeeAnn, I hope you both have very good Fridays, and get to relax and enjoy your weekends.

I finished another scarf last night, and have one about half done this morning. They are both royal and white. I had a request for one, and since it turned out so pretty, I decided to make two. It's hard to decide just what to do next. I have a list in my head of about 5 more color combinations I want to get done.

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :hi

I got to sleep in today :D I'm here working to put the pieces of my desk together now. The desk came yesterday and I got it together so now just need to make sense of it all :think I went to Michaels and Joannes after work yesterday looking for a skein of RHSS in warm brown that I need to finish this afghan for the housewarming gift and neither had it :eek I am meeting a friend for lunch though from chiro school and I think there's a few stores over there to check :xfin I'm so close to finishing it.

Joanne - Beautiful ghan, I love it :manyheart Let me grab my nook, it's here with me but it's not a baby blanket.................it's the Lancaster Quilt on page 76 :D

LeeAnn, Stacy, and Beth - I hope you all have a wonderful day.

I may be back later, but not sure :think

Oh, and Joanne, yes I'm driving to my parents on thursday and will be driving to Newark I guess friday afternoon or early evening, I need to see what time Kathy is done working. Seminar on Saturday 8-5 and Sunday 8-1 :sigh:lol

Hiya friends!

Missed all of you yet again. Ds has needed extra help with his Language Arts class, that and soap/candle making has eaten up all extra hours....along with housework and dd and dh.

Joanne-ohh laaa laaa the baby ghan looks so soft and cuddly! Great work! hope your evening at Olive Garden is fun fun fun!

Beth-yummy! Yarn happiness! I love scarves and have quite a few 16 or so:devil I am addicted to wearing them. Can't wait to see your new color combos. How was the pizza?

Marisa-so glad that you were able to sleep in and that your desk piece has come in. Gosh, you are going to be having an Open House soon.

My soapy goodness was a hit! I took them to work both yesterday and today and have sold quite a few. One of them is called "Cowboy" has a bit of a leather smell, it really smells good. And then another one is called "Move Night with John Wayne" it has the Cowboy scent and popcorn, it is original and has sold like hotcakes...a few more are "Grandma's House-smells like toasted rice and buttery vanilla...another one called "Sixth Sense" sold 4 of those! So happy! here are a few pics, I haven't posted them on my website as I have to make more. And of course, "Movie Night" the popcorn garland is awesome.

Tonight we are having Pizza and relaxation, tomorrow dd and I are getting facials. how fun!

Off to relax. Hugs n squishes!

post-33271-135897705717_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897705721_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897705724_thumb.jpg

post-33271-135897705727_thumb.jpg

Happy Pizza Day, I mean Friday...

Joanne, love the baby blanket! What a pretty color! Thank you!

Stacy, how does it feel to have most of your midterms done? I think you are doing an amazing job being mom, wife, student, and working outside the home.... :nworthy I couldn't agree more!!!!!:yes

Marisa and LeeAnn, I hope you both have very good Fridays, and get to relax and enjoy your weekends.

I finished another scarf last night, and have one about half done this morning. They are both royal and white. I had a request for one, and since it turned out so pretty, I decided to make two. It's hard to decide just what to do next. I have a list in my head of about 5 more color combinations I want to get done.

Wow you are a scarf making machine, Beth!!!! I love all the scarves you had made and am in awe on how fast you crank them out!!!! Good luck at the craft fair:hug

I got to sleep in today :D I'm here working to put the pieces of my desk together now. The desk came yesterday and I got it together so now just need to make sense of it all :think I went to Michaels and Joannes after work yesterday looking for a skein of RHSS in warm brown that I need to finish this afghan for the housewarming gift and neither had it :eek I am meeting a friend for lunch though from chiro school and I think there's a few stores over there to check :xfin I'm so close to finishing it.

Joanne - Beautiful ghan, I love it :manyheart Let me grab my nook, it's here with me but it's not a baby blanket.................it's the Lancaster Quilt on page 76 :D

LeeAnn, Stacy, and Beth - I hope you all have a wonderful day.

I may be back later, but not sure :think

Oh, and Joanne, yes I'm driving to my parents on thursday and will be driving to Newark I guess friday afternoon or early evening, I need to see what time Kathy is done working. Seminar on Saturday 8-5 and Sunday 8-1 :sigh:lol

I like that blanket! Just looked at the pattern---I tend to shy away from anything that has a TR in it and this one has FPtr~ it's a very sharp looking afghan though!!

I thought you were flying into Newark! That's alot of driving! Hoping we'll get to meet up if only for an hour or so.

Hiya friends!

Missed all of you yet again. Ds has needed extra help with his Language Arts class, that and soap/candle making has eaten up all extra hours....along with housework and dd and dh.

Joanne-ohh laaa laaa the baby ghan looks so soft and cuddly! Great work! hope your evening at Olive Garden is fun fun fun!I did have a fun time-and I have left-overs! Will probably have it for lunch tomorrow!! I hope that the gal I'm giving the baby ghan to likes it!!

Beth-yummy! Yarn happiness! I love scarves and have quite a few 16 or so:devil I am addicted to wearing them. Can't wait to see your new color combos. How was the pizza?

Marisa-so glad that you were able to sleep in and that your desk piece has come in. Gosh, you are going to be having an Open House soon.

My soapy goodness was a hit! I took them to work both yesterday and today and have sold quite a few. One of them is called "Cowboy" has a bit of a leather smell, it really smells good. And then another one is called "Move Night with John Wayne" it has the Cowboy scent and popcorn, it is original and has sold like hotcakes...a few more are "Grandma's House-smells like toasted rice and buttery vanilla...another one called "Sixth Sense" sold 4 of those! So happy! here are a few pics, I haven't posted them on my website as I have to make more. And of course, "Movie Night" the popcorn garland is awesome.

Tonight we are having Pizza and relaxation, tomorrow dd and I are getting facials. how fun!

I love the new soapy goodness!!! You have made some great ones and I'm glad to hear that they are really taking off and selling!!! WTG:clap Enjoy your facial today with DD!! What a nice treat!!!

Busy morning here- have to do a little cleaning then it's off to DD's for breakfast and then I 'll be heading to the baby shower!

Stacy --good luck on the mid term today!!! And in case I forget to mention it Monday when I post, good luck to Mia on Monday!:hug

Hope you ALL have a good day!

Happy Saturday! i am actually getting a break today: I was supposed to help someone with a crochet pattern while my dd had dance class, but she's sick (poor baby) so I am at home taking care of her. I got her some gingerale and made chicken rice soup (which is supposed to be for lunch but she got some as soon as it reached the edible stage.)

Yesterday, I made two scarves (royal and white, and royal and gold) and a hat for my dd's Build-a-Bear puma. It has holes for the ears. That was a lot of fun to design. She's so happy with it.

Joanne, enjoy the baby shower. I am positive the mother will like the blanket -- how could she not? It's made with love and care in every stitch, and it's beautiful.

Marisa, sounds like you are busy as ever. I hope the desk went together easily for you, and you found that yarn you need.

LeeAnn, your soaps are lovely. How does the "sixth sense" soap smell? The John Wayne movie night soap sounds intriguing. I'm glad they are doing so well. It sounds like you have a great weekend planned.

Stacy, What goodness do you have planned for your family this weekend? Your girls are just so adorable. Are they thinking about Halloween yet?

Good morning, all!

Leeann, enjoy your time with dd today. How fun! Your soapy goodness sounds wonderful. :manyheart

Marisa, I hope the desk went together easily. Good luck finding the color you need. :hug

Joanne, have fun at the baby shower! I can't get over how quickly you whipped up that blanket. I'm sure the mother will love it. :yes

Beth, hope your dd feels better soon. :hug:hug

I have to work until 3 today, and Mia has 2 soccer games today. Dh will take her. Then we are going out for dinner at her favorite restaurant. Tomorrow the girls are spending the day with MIL, and Isabella and Eva will spend the night. We have to be at the surgery center at 6 a.m.

Have a great day!

Oh, Beth- they have been counting the days until Halloween since September. :lol We have a countdown calendar in the kitchen. :yes Isabella has been invited to 2 parties. She will be a character from Halo, Mia is a Spanish princess, and Eva will be Scooby Doo.

Beth- Hope that DD is feeling better- nothing like chicken soup to heal the soul (and the body)!!! I'm glad that DD liked the hat you designed for her puma.

Stacy- Busy day for you it seems- but that's nice that MIL will take the other two tomorrow since you have to be at the surgery ctr so early on Monday- but it's good when they have you their early--less waiting around!!!!

Marisa and LeeAnn- Sending hugs:hug

We had a good time at the breakfast this morning! Ryan is getting cuter and more fun every time I see him! My SIL's parents were there as were his two brothers. It was a great way to start the day.

The baby shower was fun- and I got to see some people that I used to work with, but who have moved on to other jobs! And she did like the baby blanket- she said this will be perfect for the stroller----which was my intent!!!!

Have a good night!

Joanne, sounds like you had a great day. How perfect that the mother is going to use your blanket the way you intended.

Marisa, I hope your meet-up with your friend is going well, and you find that yarn you need.

LeeAnn, are your kids excited about Halloween? Do they have costumes picked? Did you have a good time with your dd?

Stacy, I love all the costume ideas, but Scooby has to be my favorite. Good luck on Monday -- Joanne is right about early being best.

Well, I am so stinkin' proud of this stupid hat, I'm going to show it to you. The original idea was a hood that attaches to a scarf (with ear holes, nonetheless.) Here's what I ended up making:

post-16396-135897705883_thumb.jpg

Good afternoon!

Beth- that hat/scarf is so adorable. you could sell them!!!

Been a busy day here- I went grocery shopping early (but I slept till 7) so it wasn't as early as I wanted!! Unpacked them, started a beef stew in the crock pot then went to Delicious Orchards for some apples, cheese, apple cider, cider donuts and some produce. I brought some cider and cider donuts to DD and SIL and Ryan was awake so I stayed and played with him- he's starting to be so much FUN!!!

Just got home a while ago. I started a scarf last night in Amazing yarn. The pattern is

here

The weather is PERFECT today- it was nice to be outside for a while- now I"m inside with the blinds all open- the sliding door slightly open and getting ready to pull out the scarf and :crocheting

Joanne, thanks so much for the nice comments about the hat/scarf I made for the puma. It turned out better than I expected.

I love the pattern you are making for that scarf. It's so pretty. I have been asked to make hats and scarves for two people. I'm so excited. I want to start, but would like to get my sale stock up a bit first. I have 9 done. I think I'd like to make 12.

I'll bet Ryan is growing. How lucky he is to have a devoted grandmother so closed! My kids missed out on that.

i did my grocery shopping today, too. It's good to have it done. I also slept in, which I enjoyed a lot.

Good evening ladies!

whew! Another busy busy busy weekend. I am getting ready for the first of my 4 craft bazaars. It will be on Nov. 5...I think I can,...I think I can.

Joanne-thank you for the link, I want to try it out..oh my gosh! did you get lots of hook time in?

Beth-the puma hat is adorable! verry verrryyyyyy cute! I just adore it! you are on the ball crocheting up a storm.

The 6th Scent is a blend of Musk, Cedarwood and Sandalwood. It smells heavenly!

my positition at the migrant is going to run a little longer, 2 more weeks.:eek I am ready for it to be over. oh well.

going to rest for a bit,

hugs n squishes!!!!

Good evening, friends!

Leeann, the 6th Scent sounds awesome! I love sandalwood/cedarwood scents. Mmmm. :manyheart Good luck with your bazaars- I know you can! :cheer

Joanne, yay for Ryan time! :manyheart How wonderful that you had such a good time at breakfast. Your orchard purchases sound heavenly. I wish we had an orchard here! :dreaming Fresh-pressed juice is so delicious.

Marisa, :hug:hug Thinking of you!

Beth, the puma hat is too cute! You should be proud. :yes You are talented. Good luck finishing your scarves.

I just finished my anthro quarterly exam and I think I did really well! Can't wait to find out. Mia's surgery is tomorrow- we have to be there at 6 a.m. I have homework to do, but I think I will take crochet instead, to keep my hands busy. :yes FIL is going with us, and BIL & SIL surprised us and came to visit, also. I went out and bought sherbet and Popsicles, and picked up her meds from the pharmacy.

I better get going. It's going to be an early start tomorrow! Love and hugs! And if you could spare some prayers/warm wishes, I would surely appreciate it! :hug:hug:hug

Good morning!

Stacy- Saying prayers and thinking positive thoughts for a very successful surgery for Mia!!:hug That was so nice of SIL and BIL to surprise you and come. I'm sure you did great on your anthro exam!!

LeeAnn- The 6th scent does sound awesome. Sorry to hear you have 2 more weeks than you thought at the Migrant- especially with so many craft shows coming up! But you will get through it!! You can!!!:hug

Beth- Wow- you are just whipping out those scarves!!! My kids didn't have grandparents that lived as close as I live to Ryan. My parents lived an hour 15 min away . It's great living about 8 minutes away! Have fun with the kitties today!

I am the late supervisor again this week. Tonight is craft club so I'll probably be going straight from work (with a stop of course for coffee) to the library.

Have a good day and Stacy :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Stacy and Mia, :hug :hug :hug:ghug Congrats on the great job on the anthro exam.

Joanne, sounds like a busy day for you. I hope babysitting at Paradise goes well. Have fun with your craft group. I have the opportunity to start something like that at my local library, but I'm afraid I'd end up teaching a bunch of people all at once, and I can't do that. 2 beginners at a time are almost more than I can handle.

LeeAnn, You can do it!!! You are almost done with your job. I know you feel like you need more time before your first sale -- believe me, mine is this weekend. Good luck! and remember, we want pictures! The sixth sense sounds quite masculine. I think it's cool that you are getting scents that will appeal to men also.

Marisa, thinking of you! I hope your weekend went well, and you got a chance to have some fun. You've been working so hard on your office. You are young -- you need to enjoy yourself some times, too.

Today is kitty day, but three went to new homes this weekend :cheer so I don't think we'll have many to work with. We do have Zaki, who is supposed to be very shy, but he loves me, and I enjoy my time with him. He likes to ride on my shoulder.

I finished scarf number 10 for the sale. I have been asked to make two hats and two scarves for family members, so I have to get on that, too.

Beth- Great job on getting 10 scarves done!!!:clap I think family/friends will have to wait till after the sale. ;) Maybe during the sale you can work on their hat/scarves!!! Have fun with Zaki!

Our craft club at the library doesn't involve anyone teaching although we share ideas and help each other out. Some knit, some crochet and one gal does needlework. I'm glad that I found out about it. I look forward to Monday's now---well not the day part, but the evening!!!:lol

Hi all!

The surgery went well, we are home already, and Mia is trying to dance around to the Beatles. :eek She's being very cooperative as far as the Popsicles and ice cream go. :lol Isabella and Eva are staying with my in-laws for one more night, just because the doctor said Mia should take it easy and have a quiet day.

I got a 91% on the multiple choice part of the anthro exam, and a 100% on the essays. :yay:yay:yay

Joanne, good luck babysitting :wink and have fun with your craft club tonight!

Beth, have fun volunteering with the kitties. WTG on finishing your 10th scarf! You are just hookin' away, girl! :yes

Hi all!

The surgery went well, we are home already, and Mia is trying to dance around to the Beatles. :eek She's being very cooperative as far as the Popsicles and ice cream go. :lol Isabella and Eva are staying with my in-laws for one more night, just because the doctor said Mia should take it easy and have a quiet day.

I got a 91% on the multiple choice part of the anthro exam, and a 100% on the essays. :yay:yay:yay

Joanne, good luck babysitting :wink and have fun with your craft club tonight!

Beth, have fun volunteering with the kitties. WTG on finishing your 10th scarf! You are just hookin' away, girl! :yes

:clap:clap So happy to hear the good news!!!!! Both on Mia's surgery and on your exams!! You rock!!!!

Babysitting was fun ;) NOT!!! But craft club was:yes Off to eat my leftovers- I'm starving since I went straight to craft club from work

See you in the AM

Stacy, that's awesome news about the surgery and about your grade. nice to have such a smart friend!!!

Joanne, I think I'd like a craft club like yours. How big is the group?

There are about 7 of us that come regularly- 2 other ladies were there tonight that I hadn't met before- they come as schedule allows --tonight one of the "regular's" wasn't there. It's alot of fun- just crafting and chatting and before you know it the message is coming on that the library will be closing in 15 minutes!!!:lol

Evening all!

Quick fly by as I am trying to get in as much crafting as possible.

Stacy-so glad that Mia's surgery went well, please give her extra hugs n squishes! Great job on the Anthro exam, knew you could do it!

Best run ladies, sorry to cut short, but have soo much to do.

hugs n squishes!

Bad cat night -- there was a fight outside my bedroom window around midnight (followed by caterwauling until I hauled myself outside to chase them away) then my cat who has seizures came into my room and started destroying it, then my 17-year-old cat came in and started howling... I am tired this morning. And I get to take my twins into the college to get signed up for classes for next semester, already.

Joanne, that sounds like an awesome group. I hope your babysitting week goes quickly.

Stacy, big hugs for you and your daughter. When are the other two girls coming home? So nice that your in-laws will take them for you like that. Are you done with mid-terms now?

LeeAnn, I know how you feel. Now that I decided that I don't need much more for my craft show, I feel so relieved. I am nervous, though, since it's my first one.

Good morning!!!

Beth- sounds like you'll need to double on the caffeine today!! Or take a nap! Good luck to the twins registering- fingers crossed that they get classes they want! When I went we were able to register online. Do they have that option? Or do you have to go in person because they are still in HS?

LeeAnn- Cheering you on that you'll get done what you need to get done for the craft shows!

Stacy- Did you get to do any crocheting last night? How is Mia feeling this morning?

Marisa- Thinking of you----is the inspection scheduled?

Off to get ready.....have a wonderful day......

Lunch with my friend on Friday went well, I haven't seen her in quite a while so it was nice to sit and chat. We went over to Ingrid's that night and my sister found the yarn I needed in her travels :clap Saturday I did some running and we had the housewarming party in the evening, which the throw went over well :yay Sunday I slept in, like super late, and we had a small party for the steelers game at 4. Yesterday I spent the day cleanig, straightening, and hooking stuff up for inspection today :eek The guy should come between 10-12 and it's just past 10 now, but I'm assuming like 11:58 :lol I also did some running yesterday and have some to do today plus I have my annual with the ob/gyn at 1:45.

Love the soaps, esp the glittery one :yes

I like that blanket! Just looked at the pattern---I tend to shy away from anything that has a TR in it and this one has FPtr~ it's a very sharp looking afghan though!!

I thought you were flying into Newark! That's alot of driving! Hoping we'll get to meet up if only for an hour or so.

I found the FPtr a bit more comfortable than a regular Tr :think

I was going to fly, but Kathy wasn't sure of her schedule and we were having a hard time with coordinating it, plus the flights were all crappy from here :think At any rate, when Kathy started trying to talk me into staying until Wednesday, I decided I better just drive :shrug I just can't be away that long right now, esp if I pass this inspection today. So I'll be driving to my parents on thurs and then to newark on friday. I was thinking we could meet sunday if that works for you? My seminar goes until 1 at the a hotel at the airport. Then when I leave you, I'll drive to my parents house again and head back to Pitt on monday from there :yes

Oh, Beth- they have been counting the days until Halloween since September. :lol We have a countdown calendar in the kitchen. :yes Isabella has been invited to 2 parties. She will be a character from Halo, Mia is a Spanish princess, and Eva will be Scooby Doo.

They are going to be sooo cute, I hope you share a pic :devil

Well, I am so stinkin' proud of this stupid hat, I'm going to show it to you. The original idea was a hood that attaches to a scarf (with ear holes, nonetheless.) Here's what I ended up making:

How cute is that hat!!!!! :manyheart

Marisa, thinking of you! I hope your weekend went well, and you got a chance to have some fun. You've been working so hard on your office. You are young -- you need to enjoy yourself some times, too.

I finished scarf number 10 for the sale. I have been asked to make two hats and two scarves for family members, so I have to get on that, too.

Way to go on those scarves :clap

I am definitely having fun too :yes We have season tix for Pitt football and my sister has a Steelers season ticket too. Her bf usually scalps a ticket and I go tailgait with them and then hang out at the bar for the game :lol Plus we go out during the week too and my sister lets me join in all the fun :D Which is good, because if not then I wouldn't be having any because I can't afford to :(:lol It is what it is!

Hi all!

Great news on the surgery :clap:yay:cheer and equally awesome about your exams :jumpyay:bounce:woo

Good morning!!!

Marisa- Thinking of you----is the inspection scheduled?

Off to get ready.....have a wonderful day......

Should be today :xfin

:hi all!

Marisa, so good to hear from you! You are going to be one busy lady this weekend. :xfin that the inspection went well.

Joanne, hope babysitting goes quickly for you this week. :hug:hug:hug

Leeann, good luck with all of your crafting!

Well, BIL and SIL left- SIL has to work tomorrow. Eva is super-bummed- she and my niece hit it off really well during this trip (usually they are in competition with one another, being so close in age.) It was a short trip, but so nice to see them, and to have the support of family. :yes

Mia is really tired today, but she still hasn't taken pain meds. She must not be in *too* much pain. Either that, or she has a very high tolerance.

I did crochet a bit last night, and also today after class. I'm trying to finish up the items for the scarf swap, before partners for the stocking stuffer swap are sent out.

Love and hugs all around! :hug:hug:hug

Archived