Washington State?

Shlee

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought I would check in and see who is new. Boy, what a surprise.

appy_lover - my paternal grandparents used to live in Moscow, Idaho.

FrLopLady - my just out of college roommate grew up in Cowiche. I visited her family many times.

And, grannmiesfourboys - my husband was born in Chehalis and we still have family there. He stopped there this morning as he is on a trip south with "the boys" to a bowling tournament.

It truly is a small world!

I'm from Orting. We are ever popular on tv for being the first town to have a chance of getting out when the mountain side slides off.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

well I just toured a part of the state today from here, over Chinook pass, over to Bremerton to Bainbridge Island... took the ferry back home..but there in Winslow there is this shop called Churchmouse Yarns and teas.... DO NOT GO THERE. It is VERY dangerous to the pocketbook :D I managed to leave with minimal damage to my checking account...because I used my credit card instead!!! Oh then through Seattle, Eburg and back home again...

• 2 years later...
I reside in Lacey, 5 minutes from the state capitol. Looking for someone in the area to hang out with and crochet and make stuff for charity and other things.

I live on Vashon Island, about 30 minutes from you when I get off the ferry in Tacoma...

I live on Vashon Island, about 30 minutes from you when I get off the ferry in Tacoma...

Cool...although I have no idea where that is. I have lived here for 10 years and still working on the areas where everything is. I am orginally from Orange County.

Maybe we can figure something out, hopefully get some more people together and find a time and place to meet.

Cool...although I have no idea where that is. I have lived here for 10 years and still working on the areas where everything is. I am orginally from Orange County.

Maybe we can figure something out, hopefully get some more people together and find a time and place to meet.

Okay, do you know where Tacoma is? Vashon Island is an Island in the Puget Sound. The south part of the island is a 10 minute ferry boat ride from Point Defiance (there's a park and a zoo there) in Tacoma and the north end is a 20 minute ferry ride from West Seattle. There are no bridges. I know where Lacey is.

Also, my husband volunteers over at Joint Base on Wednesdays...so one of these Wednesday I could drive down to meet you (or another day...)

Hi .... I live in Gig Harbor, about 20 min from the Vashon Ferry, and would like to perhaps join you some Wednesday. I'm out of town this week and next week (just checking in to get my crochet fix). Rather than post our personal information perhaps we can PM each other for easy communication.

• 6 months later...

I'm from North Bend.  Moved here from Oklahoma in 2010 and absolutely love living here.  I miss family and friends in Oklahoma but do not miss Oklahoma's brutle weather.  I do sometimes miss the sunshine and the breeziness and definately miss the sunsets which are glorious on a regular basis.  However, would not change my home in the woods of Washington for anything!

• 7 months later...

I'm from North Bend.  Moved here from Oklahoma in 2010 and absolutely love living here.  I miss family and friends in Oklahoma but do not miss Oklahoma's brutle weather.  I do sometimes miss the sunshine and the breeziness and definately miss the sunsets which are glorious on a regular basis.  However, would not change my home in the woods of Washington for anything!

I moved here from OK about 12 years ago and it was like I'd finally found home. I run into so many people from Oklahoma here. I would never move back even though I miss being close to family.

Any Eastsiders here? (East of Seattle, that is)

• 1 year later...

Hello! I just rejoined Crochetville, having been a member several years ago. I live near Port Orchard and work on Vashon Island. Would love to get to know some nearby avid crocheters. My blog is teri360.blogspot.com.

Archived