I can DREAM cant I? ALL these Jimbo hooks!!

Oh my goodness but our friend Jimbo is at it in FULL speed, have you seen his hooks up for auction?? I want them ALL...lol....well a gal CAN dream cant she?? They are so beautiful, its so hard to decide, if I can bid on ONE, what ONE...:eek

http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/

Hahaha you HAVE to read his STOREY on his cruise trip....he always has me at the edge of my seat, heading to the bathroom to pee....:lol

They're ALL gorgeous!

I would love to havea Jimbo hook, but my last visit to the neurologist brought about the news that the tumor in my spine has gotten larger and is involving more nerves now, and that means added medication. I now pay $639 every month out of pocket for my meds, so a Jimbo hook is going to be out of the question until who knows when? I'm just so frustrated. I can't afford to need all these meds!!! I even looked into getting myself an insurance policy with prescription coverage, but because this would be considered a pre-existing condition, they wouldn't pay for my meds for one year, so I would have to pay the $200 premium every month for 12 months before I could get help from that! If I could afford the extra $200 a month for the insurance policy, I wouldn't NEED help with my meds!!! Frustrating beyond belief!

So I will just have to keep dreaming about a Jimbo hook. Maybe someday. I hope you get the one you bid on, JoBug! I'll root for you! :cheer

Elle~not to hijack the thread, but have you asked your pharmacist about prescription assistance plans available in your state? Take a good look at the one Montel Williams touts. If nothing else, contact the manufacturers of each medication. Most of them will offer regular discounts to people with no insurance. Some of them will send coupons. Just about all of them will help. And if the meds are not narcotic based, ask your doctor for the free samples the pharmaceutical rep left with him. That's what they are there for! Hope this helped you out. If all else fails, ask your church.

Elle~not to hijack the thread, but have you asked your pharmacist about prescription assistance plans available in your state? Take a good look at the one Montel Williams touts. If nothing else, contact the manufacturers of each medication. Most of them will offer regular discounts to people with no insurance. Some of them will send coupons. Just about all of them will help. And if the meds are not narcotic based, ask your doctor for the free samples the pharmaceutical rep left with him. That's what they are there for! Hope this helped you out. If all else fails, ask your church.

YES do check int this!!!

Oh I BID and was outbid right away....lol... we will see here...counting my change :lol

Elle, do not use SCBN, it's a crock!(That's not the Montel Williams one, but a different one we found) DH has asthma, and his meds are expensive! He's also an unemployed sole/primary breadwinner, so we could not make it without assistance. We found out after paying them to do what we could have done ourselves, stuck in a one year contract, and monthly co-pays that would be reasonable IF they were actually supplying the medicine. ALL they do is send you forms and send those forms to the drug co's. They don't even follow up to make sure you're getting the medication! Lousy customer support, once they have you. You should be able to contact each drug manufacturer yourself to get applications for prescription assistance. You do have to be careful to fill them out completely, or they ignore the paper work. Some doctors offices will help with it all though, making it even easier.

JoBug, those hooks look nice. Hope you win :)

I love Jimbo's hooks and ONE DAY, I WILL own one of his hooks! It's very difficult choosing which one(s) to bid on since they are all so pretty! Sure hope no one else here wants his fancy crochet hook that is a piece of art--it's the first one on the page.

Archived