I Told the Mail Lady About Crochetville :-D

I was at the post office today, mailing out about four packages (two of which were RAOKs). The woman behind the counter said 'Crochetville? Is that a place?' I smiled, and told her, 'it's a website, Crochetville dot org' and told her you could make a wishlist and send out RAOKs; then asked her if she crocheted. She said yes. I told her I did, too it was the only way too keep sane sometimes. :P She said she would have to check it out; and asked what the web address was, again. :clap

Tina

You can make a wishlist here at Crochetville (after so many posts, etc...) and send out and recieve RandomActsOfKindness. (RAOKs). Here is a link to explain it: RAOK Rules and Guidlines. It's really fun. :D

OK, I'm new to this whole concept of chat room/discussion boards, ect. Plz explain:

"you could make a wishlist and send out RAOKs"

It's kind of the same here with my Postal Lady. The woman behind the counter most of the time when I mail packages always asks if anything is breakable, flamable, explosive, etc.

I always tell her "Not unless you count yarn bombs. If anyone in the mail system is dumb enough to open my packages, I've crammed so much yarn in, it would explode in someone's face!" She gets a laugh out of this.

At some point, I told her I do yarn trades and RAOK's and explained about Crochetville and other places where we gather patterns, yak about yarn and discuss crochet experiences.

LOL I can see a postal worker thinking Crochetville is a real town because of the ville ending. :lol

Oh wouldn't we all want to move to a town with that name?

The town library full of crochet magazines & books. The school having a class for cables & other techniques.

"Mom I got an A on my Crochet Final!" LOL

The statue in the town square? Well that would possibly be a Lion (aka Lionbrand lol)

Our restaurants would have "crocheting & non-crocheting" sections. LOL

:lol I have thought about this very thing before! Wouldn't that be neat? :hook

LOL I can see a postal worker thinking Crochetville is a real town because of the ville ending. :lol

Oh wouldn't we all want to move to a town with that name?

The town library full of crochet magazines & books. The school having a class for cables & other techniques.

"Mom I got an A on my Crochet Final!" LOL

The statue in the town square? Well that would possibly be a Lion (aka Lionbrand lol)

Our restaurants would have "crocheting & non-crocheting" sections. LOL

Archived