Yarn turned my hands orange

:thair I have CHEETO hands! I just made a hat with Yarn Bee Highland Thistle in a reddish orange color and my hands are now orange. Washed them with soap and water but no change! Have you ever had this happen? When I finished with the hat I washed it but the water never came out clear...always the orange tint....Any ideas on what to do? Imagine if I gave the hat to someone and it rained or snowed,,,orange streaming down their face!!!

:1sheepI have used baby wipes to remove ink and marker from my hands and grease too...don't know it will work for dye.

What a shame to put so much of yourself in a project and not be able to use or give it.

Write of call the company and make them aware of the defect. :rabbit

I have some Brown Sheep Wild Foote sock yarn that turned my hands and my bamboo needles blue. I just dyed some Patons Meniro the other day, rainbow colors, It turned my hands pink. I used some eye makeup remover and baby wipes to get it off, it worked pretty well.

My question is what are you going to do with your project? If you give it to someone and they turn orange that would not be good. Have you taken a picture of your hands next to the yarn and maybe send it to the company you might get your money back or take it all back to the store and get it back. If they are like Lionbrand they will want you to send the yarn and project back to them at your expense of course or just not answere you, because they will not believe you. I would take it back to the store before your hands turn normal color.

That is terrible. I would definately write to the company about how the dye came off the yarn.

:manyheart

I heard about a home made cleaner. I think it was in a home remedies book. You mixed lard with sugar and made a gritty paste. There's no waste, because you only make what you need. It's supposedly strong enough to get auto grease off, so it might work on dye.

I would definitely contact the yarn company.

Ellie 13

Archived