My Best friends mom has breast cancer - FINISHED & DELIVERED - pics post 21

EEE_mom

My best friend lost her dad very quickly to cancer 10 years ago. She was devastated. Just this last month they've discovered that her mother has breast cancer that she's had for some time. It has already spread to her lungs and they are waiting for test results yet, but are pretty sure it's also in her bones. I've known them all my life. The are such a good family. Her mother told her the other morning that she's in so much pain she doesnt think it will be a very long fight. As you can imagine, I recieved a very teary phonecall that morning.

I am so upset for her - both my friend and her mother love it when I crochet things for them and I want so badly to give them a confortghan but i'm afraid I'm not going to be able to get enough squares done quickly enough.

I'm looking for 8 inch squares in warm tones ( and notes of well wishes are super encouraged <3 )

So first time i'm asking - for speed purposes - if anyone can offer a square or two I could promise you they would be going to extremely deserving, appreciative and comfort needing family.

Thank you in advance, if you can help me in any way pm me.

Jeannette

post-19690-135897415336_thumb.jpg

I'm pretty tied up until the end of this coming week, but as long as Friday, the third of April is not too late to send them out, you can count me in for a couple of squares. I've got TONS of yarn in the browns/beiges/tans family. PM me with your address if Friday, 4/3 is OK for mailing.

Just want to thank everyone for helping out..

It will prolly take me a week or two to get this all together, so i'll be pm-ing you Elle and Nana_K with my address... <3

Eva, my package went in the mail yesterday. I made three tan squares out of a nice soft yarn.

Wow the mail is fast!

I recieved them yesterday (4/2) and they are perfect and beautiful!

thank you so much :hug

Jeannette

Just want to thank everyone for helping out..

It will prolly take me a week or two to get this all together, so i'll be pm-ing you Elle and Nana_K with my address... <3

I have 2 squares ready to go out to you, will get them mailed as soon as I can get to the P.O.

I just wanted to say thank you thank you to all you wonderful ladies who have sent me such beautiful squares. I apologize for taking so long to get back in here but my MIL has become bedridden and we're trying to get proper care and services set up for her here in our home. A little stressful and will probably hold up production on the ghan a few weeks longer than I had anticipated. BUT, I laid all the squares out and took pics which I will try to have up tomorrow...

thank you all again....SSSSOOOOOOO much!!!

this comfortghan has taken on a new meaning for me now... to help my friend and her mother and to also keep me sane in a very insane time in my life....

love to my crochetville family <3

• 2 weeks later...

teakaycee, recieved your square the other day - as well as many others in the last couple of weeks. I am trying to get everyone's names together for proper thank you's and pics of all the beautiful work

hugs and smiles from Me <3

• 1 month later...

okay, here's today's progress :)

I really like how it's coming out, and I really really like the join ( thanks again video lady!)

I have 10 more squares to add...

post-19690-135897415374_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

SOOOOOO.... after much ado, illness and lots of whatnot... the blanket has finally been completed and delivered.:clap

My sincerest apologies for the delay to all the ville-ers who took the time to send me such beautiful squares.

The recipient is camera-phobic, but asked me to deliver a message to you all....

I can't even find the words to say how much this means to me. Just when you begin to lose faith something like this comes along and picks your spirit right back up. I will be saying a prayer for every one of these squares that the wonderful people who made this for me will have the same comfort and joy that i'm feeling right now. What a wonderful gesture. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. - Pat

And not to forget the beautiful scarves from Aggie May :hug- her daughters LOVED them! They each tried on all the scarves (there were 4!) to decide which ones they liked best. I saved all the little notes you all sent along with your squares so that she could read them. I think she had read each one two or three times before I left. Not to mention the hugs and tears of thanks.

I can't tell you how much making this blanket meant to me. Sometimes I feel like I may have dragged it out a little just to keep that feeling going -

I've already started my second comfortghan for another close friend who's in the beginning stages of her diagnosis...

Thank you thank you thank you ville-ers :manyheart

:hug

post-19690-135897443192_thumb.jpg

post-19690-135897443199_thumb.jpg

Archived