Sponsored: April 2009 Sock CAL

[attach]762[/attach]

Left is partial sock made according to the Heart and Sole pattern. When I did the fsc for the top of heel, I had to use the next size hook (D) and like the way it looked. So I started the second sock, on right in photo, using D hook. Had to adjust # of sts for same dimensions, but it went a lot faster. you can see the difference in size of sts in the photo.

[attach]763[/attach]

Second sock on my foot, fits great.

[attach]764[/attach]

second sock w/o foot :lol

After taking these photos, i washed the sock in Eucalan and laid it flat to dry. I was sad to see that it grew about an inch in length and got skinnier. But once it dried, even though it still is longer and skinnier, it fits well. the yarn relaxed and it doesn't feel as springy as it did initially. but I like the yarn and would use it again, it feels soft but sturdy and I love the color. Now to rip out the first sock and remake it with the D hook:hook

ETA: as you can see I didn't do the cuff as I tried it and didn't love the way it looked. I did a tiny sc-ch2-sc shell edging instead. Also, i experimented with doing the heel in linked dc and was able to make that work pretty easily, and like the fact that it looks the same as the sole.

(Also love the one-step photo posting :c9 )

post-10356-135897401737_thumb.jpg

post-10356-135897401742_thumb.jpg

post-10356-135897401745_thumb.jpg

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work on those socks, magiccrochetfan! :clap And I love the colors in that yarn!

(Also love the one-step photo posting :c9 )
I'm so glad! :manyheart

Finally done, :yay

Progress pics, final pic of both will be added tomorrow. This is my first completed pair :hook

Note all the unraveled yarn in basket, from trying and frogging so many times, :lol

[ATTACH]771[/ATTACH]

first sock on bent hanger

[ATTACH]772[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]773[/ATTACH]

second sock in progress

[ATTACH]774[/ATTACH]

Too late to take picture of both completed, my eyes are drooping.

Kathy, I love the color of your socks! They look great!

HappyOldCro, that color looks a lot like my sock color! I love the earth tones!! We have some great looking socks in this CAL!!!

HappyOldCro, that color looks a lot like my sock color! I love the earth tones!! We have some great looking socks in this CAL!!!

I thought the same thing too when I saw your pictures. I am an earthtone person too, I needed them to be dark and multi color so I could wear them on the patio (and maybe on the grass too)!;)

Trying to figure out how to take pic of them on my feet, wonder if I use the mirror without the flash?:think

Will be back as soon as I get it done.

Love all the other socks and colors too,:hug now that I know I can do a pair and have them look like socks that belong together, I can do more.

:yay

Kathy, love your color. Yours turned out fabulous! Happyoldcro, love yours too! I love the different shades of brown. You both did a fabulous job!!

Thank You, yours are so pro looking, I consider that a big compliment.:hug

This is the first chance I've had to take a look at how everyone is doing. Wow! Awesome socks and beautiful yarn. I haven't gotten very far yet--just 3 inches on my first sock. I haven't had as much time to crochet as I thought I would have because I've been super busy virtually since I landed in the US. I'm determined to at least finish ONE sock by the end of May, though, so wish me luck!

This is the first chance I've had to take a look at how everyone is doing. Wow! Awesome socks and beautiful yarn. I haven't gotten very far yet--just 3 inches on my first sock. I haven't had as much time to crochet as I thought I would have because I've been super busy virtually since I landed in the US. I'm determined to at least finish ONE sock by the end of May, though, so wish me luck!

You go girl !!! :cheer:clap:hook

Well the mirror idea didn't work, cat kept wrapping around my legs and all I got was pics of his tail (in the air :P), or his big belly, :lol.

So I tried other poses

Socks without feet [ATTACH]881[/ATTACH]

Closeup to show the different stitches, sc for toes and heels, hdc for bottom of foot, shell for top of foot and ankles [ATTACH]882[/ATTACH]

Feet up in air on rail [ATTACH]883[/ATTACH]

Feet with legs crossed (awkwardly) [ATTACH]884[/ATTACH]

Feet conversing with each other on when I was going to stop the sillyness

[ATTACH]885[/ATTACH]

I used the Intuitive shell pattern, since it gave me a better fitting toe (I have that toe thing where my second toe is bigger or same length of the so called big toe). It also was easier to make adjustments for a more custom fit. Additionally I made the heels larger. I used Crystal Palace Panda Cotton in Toasted Almond for additional stretchability (a real word?).

Now I want to try the other yarn I bought but can't find it. I had reorganized my yarn tubs and don't know where I put it :think. I know I wound it into a cake. Oh boy, senior moments again :eek .

Well the mirror idea didn't work, cat kept wrapping around my legs and all I got was pics of his tail (in the air :P), or his big belly, :lol.

So I tried other poses

Socks without feet [ATTACH]881[/ATTACH]

Closeup to show the different stitches, sc for toes and heels, hdc for bottom of foot, shell for top of foot and ankles [ATTACH]882[/ATTACH]

Feet up in air on rail [ATTACH]883[/ATTACH]

Feet with legs crossed (awkwardly) [ATTACH]884[/ATTACH]

Feet conversing with each other on when I was going to stop the sillyness

[ATTACH]885[/ATTACH]

I used the Intuitive shell pattern, since it gave me a better fitting toe (I have that toe thing where my second toe is bigger or same length of the so called big toe). It also was easier to make adjustments for a more custom fit. Additionally I made the heels larger. I used Crystal Palace Panda Cotton in Toasted Almond for additional stretchability (a real word?).

Now I want to try the other yarn I bought but can't find it. I had reorganized my yarn tubs and don't know where I put it :think. I know I wound it into a cake. Oh boy, senior moments again :eek .

You did a fabulous job! They fit your feet wonderfully.

Wow, there are some fabulous socks here! :cheer

I finally am learning how to post pictures directly to the site, so here are mine, hopefully. :lol (Pictures are also up on my blog.)

p.s. Which address do I use to e-mail Sheri a picture? The support one?

post-3086-135897403629_thumb.jpg

I finally am learning how to post pictures directly to the site, so here are mine, hopefully. :lol (Pictures are also up on my blog.)

Wow! I like the shading effect of that yarn. Super job! They look great on you. Here are my finished socks finally.

post-10186-135897403687_thumb.jpg

I am not sure if there were any "special" instructions for sending photos from this CAL to The Loopy Ewe. However, if you go to www.theloopyewe.com and look at the navigation bar on the right-hand side of the home page you will find a link titled "Photo Galleries." (Here is a direct link to that page: http://www.theloopyewe.com/photos/ ) If you go to that page, you will find a link included in the text of the first paragraph which will allow you to post your own photos.

Hope this helps! ;)

I thought that Sheri was going to be dropping in on this CAL and somehow taking the pics she wanted, :lol. Shows how much I know.

This is supposed to be a progress picture. I crocheted my sock to this point, and decided I needed two more rows in the body of the foot, so I frogged it back past the gusset increases. :(

Nevertheless, I have re-crocheted it to this point, and now it fits perfectly. I'm getting ready to start the cuff.

post-13065-135897404341_thumb.jpg

I joined the CAL late in the game but I just finished the first sock of my pair. I used Sugar Bunny Blvd Emeline. The color is Old Navy. The fiber content is 55% Bamboo, 24% Cotton, 21% elastic. I used the Origami Turkish Sock pattern. The combination of the sock yarn and the stitch pattern feels really comfy on my feet.

Here's a pic:

post-1978-135897405282_thumb.jpg

I joined the CAL late in the game but I just finished the first sock of my pair. I used Sugar Bunny Blvd Emeline. The color is Old Navy. The fiber content is 55% Bamboo, 24% Cotton, 21% elastic. I used the Origami Turkish Sock pattern. The combination of the sock yarn and the stitch pattern feels really comfy on my feet.

OOOOO!!!! I like it, very soothing color.

FYI, posted soc pic on Loopy Ewe. Got email that they have started a new section and my socks were posted there. When I uploaded the pic I chose the option for the decision of what section to put it in, up to them. Hope you all post your wonderful, colorful socks there too!

Just wanted to add a note of encouragement! Your socks all look great, I just love the colors and patterns you've all created. I meant to join on the last day, but got a note at that time that my LYS was closing so I decided my budget busting would be best done at the closeout sale. I will order from the loopy ewe in the future though...

Great Job everyone!! Very inspiring!!

How are everyone's socks coming along? Mine got put on hold due to a crazy week or two around my house...and then my friend had a baby and a BICO needed to be whipped up as a baby gift. But back to my socks I must get before the deadline gets here!! EEK!

Hopefully I will have something to show off in the next day or two.

• Donna changed the title to Sponsored: April 2009 Sock CAL
  • Donna locked this topic

Archived