Look who I ran into!

Today was my Project Linus chapter's Make a Blanket Day. And look who I ran into at the event--our own SweetPea65! Here we both are in a photo snapped by SweetPea65's very nice mum, who was busy tying quilts together while we crocheted and chatted. What a pleasant surprise (and I think I've convinced her to drive up to Phoenix with me if AuntBubbles comes out for another visit this year). The scary thing is she recognized me from those photos of AuntBubbles' visit last year, despite the glasses and slightly different hair. Well, I guess the curls are kind of hard to disguise... Patty

[/url]th_IMG_1194.jpg

:cheer:hugThat is wonderful!!Are you sure it wasnt the duck tape tht might have giving you away!:lol:lol:lol:lol Sure hope that we can all do it again this year!!:cheer:cheer

Hey, I fixed the window last year! :P That little car hit 200,000 miles last Sunday, and it's still plugging along great.

SweetPea, is the pup in your avatar the dog we were talking about? He's darling!

And here's a sobering fact they told us. One (just one) of the facilities that receives PL blankets told the chapter coordinator they could have used well over 12,000 blankets last year. That's 100/month. And we donate blankets to about 2 dozen facilities. It doesn't take much imagination to figure out what this facility does. It's terribly sad, and made me glad I bought a PL skip stitch blade, so I can edge fleece blankets now. They go super fast and will up the number of blankets we can provide to a child in stress.

Patty

That is just to cool and what a wonderful way to meet. If you gals in AZ keep this up, you will need to rent out the whole restaurant, and reserve Joann's for the day.:hook

SweetPea, is the pup in your avatar the dog we were talking about? He's darling!

Patty

Yes, that's Bandit at 6 wks old :). I just posted new photos of him on Ravelry (I use the same user name).

Archived