Placemat Using Magic Squares Pattern

morehotcoffee

After xmas my SIL wanted more magic square pot holders but this time in a specific size:think She wanted it to be large enough to use under her casserole dishes on top of a glass table. She liked the thickness of the magic potholder so I did make her a very large magic square. It is called a square for a reason:lol It would have worked. It was almost 16 oz of cotton. I called her and gave her the dimensions that it turned out to be and sure enough, she wanted more of a rectangle. Ok, since I lover her dearly, I frogged the whole thing and made six squares and sewed them together. I am too much of a perfectionest and don't really like the way I sewed them together plus I would have added 2 more squares because a pattern was developing and could see all the possibilities. I wanted to embellish it cause it is just so plain....she likes it just the way it is:manyheart

It is exactly the size of a placemat.

th_P3040135.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks everyone.

Rose Red, lol, I saw the fish too and even went as far as adding a chain stitch to the lines and wanted to embroider the fish with an added tail to fill it in but as I said, that is what she wanted. Who knows maybe I'll try for myself one day.

• 1 month later...

Archived