Any interest in a dishcloth KAL?

wiz3283

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tammy! I love that square and the colors. That is so cute. Did you crochet a border to make it the size you needed, what size did you make it to? A great idea to use the baby patterns for a blanket.

Sorry I have been MIA for a bit. I have been feeling under the weather for about a week now but finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel so I should be back on track soon.

To answer your question above.... I knitted the footprints then I just did simple crochet around for the border. I made it 12 inches to be added with other squares my local group is making for a friends baby shower.

I think the alphabet squares kookaloo_starr has been making would be great for a baby blanket. Great job.

Well off to try to catch up on some things so I can post some new pictures in here. Have fun everyone.

Here's a real neat dishcloth pattern:http://sasw.blogspot.com/2005/01/dishcloths.html

It works up really fast and looks soooo cool. If you look on my blog you can see one I've made recently. I did something kinda cool for an edging though. It turned out really amazing!!

Julee

That's beautiful!! I made one also and it just flew off to it's new home today. Shhh, it's a surprise. It's going to someone here on the ville.

Julee

:lol Now thats too funny cause so is mine. I will have to PM you to see if we are sending it to the same house.

wiz3283 ~ Your dragonfly is very pretty..You did a great job.

Well I got a new camera to day and playing.... I thought I would post my last dishcloths for a while..Had fun in the SWAP and I recieved some nice ones too.

Anyhoo, here are my Dishcloths..

th_IMG_0004.jpg Click-able

The blue is a Garterlac dishcloth

and the other is a Ballband dishcloth both were fun to make. Oh yea, and my scrubbie..

wiz3283 ~ Your dragonfly is very pretty..You did a great job.

Well I got a new camera to day and playing.... I thought I would post my last dishcloths for a while..Had fun in the SWAP and I recieved some nice ones too.

Anyhoo, here are my Dishcloths..

th_IMG_0004.jpg Click-able

The blue is a Garterlac dishcloth

and the other is a Ballband dishcloth both were fun to make. Oh yea, and my scrubbie..

These are really pretty. Thanks for sharing the patterns. I just may have to make the Garterlac. I really like that one.

Here's a real neat dishcloth pattern:http://sasw.blogspot.com/2005/01/dishcloths.html

It works up really fast and looks soooo cool. If you look on my blog you can see one I've made recently. I did something kinda cool for an edging though. It turned out really amazing!!

Julee

I do the Grandma's Fav all the time, I like the other one and your example, I will have to try that this week!

I'm getting excited. My dolphin is almost done and it is turning out nicely. I have fallen behind on my other group cals and Kals so after I get the dolphin done I need to do some catching up on those. So many projects and so little of me.

You guys rock! :2rock All your cloths are beautiful. I may not post mine when it's done, lol. It's not going to look half as good. I'm getting ready to do this one:

http://knit-nutt.blogspot.com/2008/01/squidge-cloth.html

I have to get the needles first. I don't have a size 4 in anything but metal straights and I want to use either bamboo or metal circulars. I think I prefer to knit on the circulars. At least I'm not going to lose a needle while in progress.

You guys rock! :2rock All your cloths are beautiful. I may not post mine when it's done, lol. It's not going to look half as good. I'm getting ready to do this one:

http://knit-nutt.blogspot.com/2008/01/squidge-cloth.html

I have to get the needles first. I don't have a size 4 in anything but metal straights and I want to use either bamboo or metal circulars. I think I prefer to knit on the circulars. At least I'm not going to lose a needle while in progress.

I love that pattern thanks for sharing. Believe it or not I haven't been knitting very long. It just takes a lot of practice to get the tension right. I am still working on this all the time. The animal cloths I do are very simple. If you can knit and purl you can make them. Thats all there is to them.

I almost gave up on knitting because I was so awkward with straight needles. My DH bought my knitpicks harmony circulars for my bday and I have never been happier. I also have a few of their nickleplated needles now and I love them too. Much easier to work with and I don't loose my work as easily. I highly reccomend them.

wiz3283~ Your dishcloths are cute.

You are doing a great job..

KnitPicks needles :2rock

Thanks! I am working on a really cool looking cloth that is way differnet then the ones I have been doing. It is a pattern from one of my other Kal groups I joined on Yahoo. I am really behind on my cal and kal's so I have got a lot of catching up to do. When I get this one done I will post a picture of it. Its way cool and is a lot of fun making it.

I just placed an order with Knit Picks. :devil One set of the Harmony tips w/a cable to try them out. I'm afraid I will like them, lol. I already have one set of the Harmony straights and they're my favorite. I did try the Options metal ones and didn't like them. I traded them for yarn on Ravelry, lol. If it's metal, I prefer the blunter tips of the Addi Turbo, Inox, or Plymouth Yarn Co. I also ordered one skein of Knit Picks Wool yarn to play around with felting. If I screw it up, it's only 2 bucks! :lol Last order I placed they took 7 days to process then another 14 days in transit. Ugh! Hope they're a bit faster this time.

Yesterday I went to an LYS in Boston and scored some Noro Kureyon. :2rock

For working with cotton I would say IMO that Knitpicks harmony are the way to go and I really like their nickle plated set for acrylics. Best investment I ever made. I only have one size of the nickle plate but as soon as I can afford it I am going to buy the set. LOVE Knitpics hands down!!!!

Here is a pic of the latest cloth I am working on. I really like this one. It was a bit challenging for me at first but it really isn't that difficult. I think it is pretty and fun to make.

th_dishcloth.jpg

Here is a pic of the latest cloth I am working on. I really like this one. It was a bit challenging for me at first but it really isn't that difficult. I think it is pretty and fun to make.

th_dishcloth.jpg

Pretty.

Isn't that a fun pattern..

Archived