Any interest in a dishcloth KAL?

wiz3283

Thank you..

Has anyone used "I Love This Cotton"(?) (or is it my cotton?)

It's soft to work with just wondering how it holds up..I've used my modular that I goofed up on and so far so good..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mamaos your dishclothes are great! I love the color on the modular one. What yarn and color is it?

I haen't tried "I Love THis Cotton" yet since there are no HL stores near me but I have heard it makes great clothes and baby blankets. I cant wait to try some.

I hope to finish the baby footprint square today. I am actually making this one in Simply Soft as it will be part of a 12' square that I am making for a friends baby shower. So far so good but I dont like knitting with ss yet. Since I am a new knitter cotton is so much easier to knit with. I will post a pic as soon as I finish. Today I hope.

I have been meaning to ask everyone what size needles they use for there cloths. I like the way the patterns pop up when I use P&C yarn with #5 needles. The tight stitches really make the patterns pop out.

I use size 7(4 1/2 mm) or 8US (5mm)needles. If I go any lower they take to long to dry after using them..

I used 8 (5mm)on the last 2 dishcloths but the one I'm working on now I'm using 7(4 1/2mm).

The Modular was done with Peaches & Creme -Fiesta..

I use a size 6 for the detailed cloths and 7 if it doesn't need to pop. I find the smaller the needle the tighter which is good except the cotton makes my fingers sore. Is this just me?

Cotton doesn't have much stretch so it does make my fingers a bit sore at times too.

Lovely cloths here ladies!

I'm knitting a bunch of letter squares in acrylic for blanket blocks and in cotton for face cloths.

I got the patterns from www.knittingknonsense.com

AisforAMY.jpg

I've been a "beginner knitter" for the last 30 something years *lol* never got past knit & purl

Wiz3283~ Like your feet.:lol Great job..I'm excited to see the finished blanket.

Koolaloo_starr~ Good Luck on you blanket.. The A looks great.. Can't wait to see the whole blanket..

I'm knitting a bunch of letter squares in acrylic for blanket blocks and in cotton for face cloths.

AisforAMY.jpg

I've been a "beginner knitter" for the last 30 something years *lol* never got past knit & purl

This would make a wonderful baby blanket.

Wiz3283~ Like your feet.:lol Great job..I'm excited to see the finished blanket.

Koolaloo_starr~ Good Luck on you blanket.. The A looks great.. Can't wait to see the whole blanket..

Thank you. The baby blanket is being made by several of us in my local group. We are making it for a friends baby shower. I finished off the square I was making and will try to post a picture of it later today. I will try to get a pic of the finished blanket when we get it made. It will have both knit and crochet squares since part of the group only knits and part only crochets. Most of us have at least learned the basics to do both. We chalenged each other last year to learn both. It was a lot of fun.

I am working on Kiwi bird and a dolphin cloth but I might not get them done right away. I have a few other projects to finish first.

I also joined a yahoo group that has a larger mystery KAL starting on monday. I can't wait to see what we will be making. Busy, busy, busy.

Next 2 are ~ greeny is a Knit Short Row and easter looking is a Tunisian Short Row dishcloths. And my scrubbie and stitchmarker are going out in the mail.. Just want to post the picture before I packed them..

th_100_2482.jpg click-able

Next 2 are ~ greeny is a Knit Short Row and easter looking is a Tunisian Short Row dishcloths. And my scrubbie and stitchmarker are going out in the mail.. Just want to post the picture before I packed them..

I love the greeny one is that a free pattern or something you made up or from a book. I really need to learn to knit.

These are great! I love the colors.Thanks for sharing the links to the patterns.

I have been a bit under the weather so I am playing catch up now. I also joined two different yahoo groups that are doing mystery KAL's so I am still working on my kiwi bird and a dragonfly cloth as well as trying to finish these two up. So many new patterns so little time.

I'm sorry should have linked to the pattern.. I bad..

Greeny is Knitted Lacy Round Cloth

Other is Tunisian Short Row dishcloth Have to scroll down a bit for the pattern they even have a video to show you how it's done..

Hey thanks for the link now i just have to learn how to knit. I have had the knitting needles for a while i am going to go find some online videos and spend the afternoon learning. Thank you for giving me the inspiration.

AisforAMY.jpg

I had to laugh at the last line of your message. Keep making cloths and you will finally get past Knit and Purl. You look like an expert to me, the stitches are all nicely done!

Mamaoso...Nice cloth in the round. I have that pattern and was going to use for my first dpn project a while ago, got disgusted and frogged it. I will have to try it again.

Marnie...making dishcloths are the best way to learn your knitting. Not too big and you will be so surprised that you did it! The difference between intermediate knitting and simple is concentration ratio!

morehotcoffee, always glad to raise a smile or make someone laugh :D In my teens actually knit a few sweaters for my youngest brother & baby things in my 20s but only plain knit 1 row, purl 1 row and my Mum had to pick up the stitches for edgings & buttonbands for me :eek 30 years of practise makes for neat stitches *lol*

I made another letter cloth today, a J.

Mamaoso - thanks for those links :clap I have made a round cloth before but lost the pattern on my old PC, I will be giving this one a go...it'll be fun seeing how confused I get with the YO's :blush

AisforAMY.jpg

I printed that pattern off a couple of days ago. I'm gonna make everyone in my family a cloth with there initial on it. My sisters initial is A also for Amy!!

You did a beautiful job!!

Julee

Archived