Its a miracle!

Ive been trying for *years* to make the Krochet Krystal Daisy square... ( you can find it here: http://krochetkrystal.blogspot.com/ )

I just couldnt get the hang of it after NUMEROUS tries. I joined the yahoo group for the pattern and was determined to add another to the Utah count.

So, last night I sat myself down and forced myself to take it slow, step by step and after 2 hours( and 4 episodes of Whatever Martha!) I did it!! My stitch count was even accurate without 1 single frog! Im so happy!:clap

So, now I have my practice one, Im going to make another and send it in to bump the Utah count to one more.

This is one of my highest crochet achivements!

Colee

Yes, I'll post a pic as soon as my boys wake up.

:yay:yay Congratulations!!!! :yay:yay

I couldn't make it either, and finally gave up. She actually e-mailed me once wondering why I hadn't sent her a square in return for the pattern. I found the pattern just too confusing for me and I didn't like the way the back looked so I just didn't continue with it. I'm glad you stuck it out!!!! :manyheart

WTG!!:cheer :cheer :cheer It took me a time or two to figure out the square. But once I did, it was fast going from there!! I started making black and white squares. Half the squares, the daisy is black and the other half, the daisy is white. But I only made about 8 squares. I'm just not a "square" making person!! :lol :lol I do feel guilty when I see the squares sitting in a bag in a corner of my craft room!! Maybe one of these days I'll get back to it!! :hook It is a very pretty square though!! :yes :yes

:clap:clap:clap

I had THE EXACT SAME FEELING!! It took me ages but once I had done one, and had a 3D example of it in my hands, I understood the pattern at last!

I don't have any black or white WW yarn so I have to wait for a bit before I can send one on to Krystal... but it's a very pretty and unusual pattern. I really like it.

:yay:yay Congratulations!!!! :yay:yay

I couldn't make it either, and finally gave up. She actually e-mailed me once wondering why I hadn't sent her a square in return for the pattern. I found the pattern just too confusing for me and I didn't like the way the back looked so I just didn't continue with it. I'm glad you stuck it out!!!! :manyheart

I am SO glad to read this post! I thought I was the only one who was having a problem with it! I don't recall ever getting an email from her, but I should really resign from the group so that I'm not taking up a space that someone else might be able to use who WILL be able to figure out the pattern. It would also cut down tremendously on my emails. :lol

Archived