Hobby Lobby question

rascalsmom

I am fed up with Joann and Michael's...they are the only two "craft" stores nearby, and their selection of crochet THREAD is pathetic (and, I think, getting worse :().

There is a Hobby Lobby about 33 miles away, and I would be more than willing to drive over there if their thread selection is good.

Anyone know? :think

It depends so much on your Hobby Lobby...and what you're looking for. Mine has some of the basic...forget which brand, Aunt Lydias, DMC Traditions...maybe a dozen colors/variegates. Has some Aunt Lydia's bamboo (which only comes in two colors)..and some of that nylon #18...haven't been there in a while...but I find better selection online.

http://www.yarnandthreadbylisa.com is one. hhtatting (dot com?) is another that carries a lot of thread. and of course, reliable Peaches and Cream http://www.elmore-pisgah.com carries thread too.

HTH

33 miles is nothing for me! The nearest large "craft" store is at least 30 minutes away and Hobby Lobby is 35 minutes. I have to say that I like the selection that my Hobby Lobby has, but they haven't had any good yarn sales yet this year. JoAnn's has had some good sales, but their selection hasn't been all that great. Sometimes I take my JoAnn ad to Walmart because they price match JoAnn's sale price. It can really be frustrating, especially if you need a lot of yarn for a project.

:c9:c9:c9 I love HL, you should drive over there and check them out. It probably doesn't help that my son works at HL either, :lol:lol but his store and the one closest to me carry a decent selection of thread and yarn. Both stores have had some great clearance sales on yarn this year, if only I could keep myself out of there and quit making my stash bigger and bigger and bigger:eek

Any craft store is a 30 mile drive for me and a Hobby Lobby is a two hour drive for me. I enjoy Hobby Lobby. They have items other stores don't but it all depends on your store as to the selection because every store varies. The last couple of times that I have been in the one that I frequent, the yarn supply was/is decreasing.

Yes it is worth the drive. Go to HobbyLobby.com and sign up for the weekly newsletter. They you will know whats on sale and you get a weekly coupon. Most of the time it is a 40% off one item coupon.

Archived