Stitch Markers

Crochet Buffet

Question

I've seen a lot of folks with cute charm-like stitch markers, and it got me thinking...

I received some wine glass "thingies" for Christmas. You're supposed to put them on the stems of wine glasses for decoration - :think

They're similar looking, IMHO, to the stitch markers.

do y'all think they'd work?

11 answers to this question

I think they would work .... In fact I almost bought some for that exact purpose... but being the frugal person I am just made some! But if you have them... nothing to spend!

I use whatever I have on hand - bobby pins, stitch markers (only have a few - the cat loves them for toys), paperclips, pieces of contrasting yarn, safety pins, old hoop earings.

I make my own stitch markers with my daugther's bead stash..although I did receive two from an awesome Crochet Elf! I saw some on a knitting site that I plan to try soon :)

Good luck! Donna

I got some safety pin stitch markers from Herrrschners' that I really like except I wish they were a little bigger. They're just like lingerie pins except without the extra loop at the end, so there's no place for the yarn to get caught. I'm too darned lazy to make my own.

I used the safety pins with no "hinge" at the end. I forget what they are actually called... I picked them up in the jewelry & bead aisle.

The charmy ones sound cute, but I'm uncoordinated at best, so I think little dangly things beyond the pins themselves would just get in my way. LOL!

I've thought about doing that...most of them are so cute.

I normally use safety pins. I tried cutting up straws and using them but they ended up all over place!

When I worked at Kinko's I use to purchase plastic binder coils, heh. We sold them in half a dozen sizes and 4 colors, black, blue, red, and white. They worked perfectly after you cut them into individual coils that overlapped just a lil bit.

They're MUCH cheaper then the lil' case stitch markers I bought... and they were exactly the same thing. I took one look at them once I opened the case and was like WTH? I can get these from work! hahah.

The ones I bought only came in 2 sizes, small and teeny-tiny. With the ones I cut up I was able to get 1" coils that worked wonderfully on thick afghans.

In a pinch I just use scraps of yarn in a different color. :hook

the coil thing is a great idea - we use those at work and when we are done with the binding Or whatever we bound - they normally get tossed in the trash.

Another man's trash is someone else's treasure.

Archived