2009 Crochet Calendar

I finally found a crochet calendar! I've been looking everywhere for one, and even though I'd checked the calendar store in the mall a couple of times already I went in one more time and asked the owner if they had one. Turns out that she had just one in the back and the box was damaged, but the insides were fine. That calendar was waiting on me! I wanted it for the patterns, not as a calendar, and I got it for half off because the box was damaged! :clap Sorry, I'm a little excited about it.

The first thing I did was find some 5x7 sized photo album pages (at Wal-Mart) so I could organize the patterns into a book of sorts. I used just a regular three ring binder to hold the pages. Instead of by date I organized the patterns by type going by the key that the calendar had. I did rearrange a little bit so that things like scarves were next to hats and both of them were right after clothing. I'm thrilled with how it turned out. I can flip through it quickly and see what I might want to make, and when I find the right thing all I have to do is pull the pattern out of the sleeve and get started.

My new calendar book also goes really well on the shelf next to the binder full of printed out patterns that I have. I keep them in regular page protectors (one per pattern, no matter how many pages) so I can browse through easily. When I want to work on one I just pull it out and get started. :hook

I thought I was going to have to order one in order to get my hands on it. I'm in Montgomery Alabama and despite two craft stores, two big book stores and a calendar store I couldn't seem to find it. I could find eleventy billion knitting calendars, but there was a serious famine going on in crochet. Nothing new around here I'm afraid.

Good luck finding one. Before you drive call ahead and ask. Maybe you'll get someone really helpful who'll hold one for you if they do have it so you don't have to look for it when you get there on top of having to drive there.

Glad you found one! I forgot to post here that I found mine half-off at Hastings two weeks ago - and on my birthday, yet! (It was part of my birthday present) :D I'd heard how hard they were to find in some places so I was thrilled that I found one. I love it!

Thanks for sharing your idea for organizing the patterns! I'd been wondering how the heck I was going to keep track of them. There have been several patterns already that I definitely want to make!

I found one at our mall for $4 at the calender stand that sets up each year. I discovered last year, that this place sells all it's calenders for $4 each in January. Our mall is called Forest Mall, but is a Simon Mall, that I know are in other cities in the US. I'd try the calender stands first. I really like this years edition and have already used the hat pattern from January 22.

Archived