Would anyone be interested?

I'm working on designing a new shawl for warmer weather using Irish lace motifs and Brugges lace in a Faroese shawl shape. It is being made in size 10 thread, using a Boye E hook for the motifs and a No. 7 Bates steel hook for the Brugges lace. This spring, I hope to start a CAL on my blog for this shawl, which the pattern will be provided free-of-charge. So far, I'm working with 3 balls of thread, in three different colors (one for each of the 2 types of motifs and one for the Brugges tapes). I aim to have the shawl completed by March 1 to post pics on my blog, and I will also have the pattern available by then.

I'm not saying this is definite, but would anyone be interested in doing a CAL, where I'll be available for any questions, suggestions, and comments?

I'm working on designing a new shawl for warmer weather using Irish lace motifs and Brugges lace in a Faroese shawl shape. It is being made in size 10 thread, using a Boye E hook for the motifs and a No. 7 Bates steel hook for the Brugges lace. This spring, I hope to start a CAL on my blog for this shawl, which the pattern will be provided free-of-charge. So far, I'm working with 3 balls of thread, in three different colors (one for each of the 2 types of motifs and one for the Brugges tapes). I aim to have the shawl completed by March 1 to post pics on my blog, and I will also have the pattern available by then.

I'm not saying this is definite, but would anyone be interested in doing a CAL, where I'll be available for any questions, suggestions, and comments?

It sounds interesting :yes... I am not sure what my time will be like in March/April, but the shawl sounds great...

:),

It sounds interesting. How experienced of a crocheter would be your target audience? :)

I agree....it sounds intriguing, but how much experience do you need doing Bruges lace? I've done a small doily with it, but that's it.

I would be interested. I always wish I had something lightweight to take into restaurants, etc, when the weather is warm but the air conditioning is cold! :lol

I'm intrigued, but it would depend on the experience level and whether I have or can afford to buy the thread. Hubby's job is in question and I'm not working right now so I'm kind of stuck using what I have in my stash, but hopefully we'll know more by March. If all is well, and the experience level isn't beyond me I'd be interested in giving a go.

It sounds interesting. How experienced of a crocheter would be your target audience? :)

I'd say it may be easy enough for an advanced beginner who would like to hone his/her skills while learning something new, yet perhaps challenging enough that a more experienced crocheter would have a good time with it.

Since I am from Belgium (where Bruges is :lol), you can count me in :cheer

let us know when you would like to start :hook

Heidi

Heehee...Heidi, the tapes aren't that challenging, so please don't be disappointed if I don't do those cool loop-de-loop things I've seen in Magic Crochet!

I agree....it sounds intriguing, but how much experience do you need doing Bruges lace? I've done a small doily with it, but that's it.

I would be interested. I always wish I had something lightweight to take into restaurants, etc, when the weather is warm but the air conditioning is cold! :lol

This would be a great project for learning to do the Bruges lace--it's a tape lace made with dcs (American terminology) and chains. For curves, scs and hdcs are thrown in. It's all rather simple, really.

I'm intrigued, but it would depend on the experience level and whether I have or can afford to buy the thread. Hubby's job is in question and I'm not working right now so I'm kind of stuck using what I have in my stash, but hopefully we'll know more by March. If all is well, and the experience level isn't beyond me I'd be interested in giving a go.

Use whatever you have onhand...It's a great thread stashbuster. The motifs are basically leaves and flowers, so take this info and run with it in regards to your stash. Leaves aren't just green...I've seen snapdragons with a deep pink color on their leaves, as well as geraniums and begonias. What we call in our area as "Dusty Millers" (I have no idea as to any other name for them...all I know is that the leaves themselves are green, but there is a pretty white fuzz all over them that makes them look "dusty", or even frosted) that are whitish. Autumn leaves are a myriad of colors, so take that as you will. And we all know that flowers are many, many different colors! This is even a great project to use up any ombres (variations of shading in a single color) you may have, or certain variegates for the flowers.

The only downside is that I am uncertain as to yardage as of yet.

I will start a CAL thread in the CAL forum here, and if you're on Ravelry, I'll also start a new group there.

Btw, does anyone have any suggestions what to name my new shawl, knowing what information I've given you? I'm wracking my brain trying to come up with something, but very little comes to mind...

Heehee...Heidi, the tapes aren't that challenging, so please don't be disappointed if I don't do those cool loop-de-loop things I've seen in Magic Crochet!

:lol I'm just a normal crocheteer, like all you guys, I think :think don't worry ! The relation to my country is just fun ... oh well ... any excuse to crochet is a good one :hook

Archived