What colours are you using in 2009?

Your question reminds me of a scene from "The Devil Wears Prada." Meryl Streep is trying belts that are nearly all the same shade and Anne Hathaway sniggers. Anne can't understand all the fuss and Meryl is astonished she is too stupid to realize that they are determining the colours everyone will want to use.

I have already decided that when I make the "Stained Glass" afghan I will work a sort of production line.

i will get a bunch of squares up to certain points and tuck in all the ends. then start another batch and so on so that I don't get bogged down at any one stage of the making. I just love the looks so I need a method that will let me get there. :wlol

This is the technique I like to use too. I am currently working on the Sunrise/Sunset squares afghan pattern. I do about four or five squares and then I weave in ends. I'm going to assemble it in stages too. It's six across and eight down with a 12 round border at the end. I have enough squares done now to do, I think two columns of eight which I may work on this weekend. If I left all the weaving of ends and assembly until the end I know I would never finish it. I don't have a deadline for this since this one is for me, but I would like to have it done before Spring. I start and stop to make other things in between so that I don't get sick of it, but it's only done in two colors so the color changes aren't that bad.

The fashion industry and home decorating pretty much go hand-in-hand. Here are the charts of preferred colors for Spring 2009, one at the beginning and one at the end. Funny pics but pretty colors: Pantone (pdf)

Archived