believe it or not im knitting a sock

crochetingnetta12208

Congratulations. After a lifetime of longing to learn to knit my own socks, I made 1½ pairs. The single sock of the second pair is a tad too short and I haven't mustered the gumption to rip and re-do. It still sits in the bag after a year. I must say the finished pair is toasty warm and I would love to have another few pairs but just haven't done it.

Have you turned your heel yet? What needles are you using? Top to toe or toe to top? Yarn? Color? LOL, don't just tantalize us with bare facts — give us the scoop!

Once I get a little more comfy with the basics I may give it a try. I will have to find a pattern where you do 2 socks at once or I know I will get single sock syndrome. Happens all the time with my crochet socks.

After many years of failing miserably at learning to knit, I finally got stubborn enough and stuck with it just so I could knit socks.

I learned to knit socks on DPNs, but I've switched over to one 32" circular needle. To keep myself from getting second sock syndrome, I try to get at least two needles of each size so I can work on two socks at once. I'd like to get four circulars in my favorite sizes so if I want to work on two different pairs at once, and they both need the same needle size, I can do it.

Congrats! I knit one pair on dpn's and loved it! It took me a couple false starts, but it was fun. Unfortunatly my cat destroyed the second set in-progress & I haven't had the gumpton to start again.

Archived