Bamboo Crochet Hooks

I have not tried the bamboo hooks but use the aluminum hooks with bamboo handles. I'm not sure how the bamboo would slide through the yarn. I'm interested also on how well they work.

Yes, I LOVE them, and buy them as often as I can find them. My personal favorites are the Clover but they're hard to find now. And unfortunately bamboo, while it feels wonderful in the hand, seems to melt in the mouth of a teenage Dalmatian. Like potato chips, one crunch and Jenny is wondering why I'm yelling at her.

I got a pretty good deal on MeiMei bamboo hooks on ebay and I like them. I've only made one little pumpkin with the metal hooks though. I guess if you're drawn to them you should get some and try them out.

I have a set of bamboo hooks. I bought them from ebay. I like using them but I've found out that they're not comfortable to work with on all types of yarn. Acrylic works well with them, unless it's chunkier homespun type. Maybe it's too bulky or maybe it's me..... Baby weight yarn glides off the bamboo hook. I think most ribbon type works well too, better than aluminum. I preferred to use an aluminum hook with wool though. I haven't tried bamboo with thread or lace weight yarns. I guess I'm trying to say to give them a try to see for yourself if you like them. I suppose I'll always prefer an aluminum hook. It's what I know best.

I had completely given up crochet because right after carpel tunnel surgery, I had a cyst removed from the base of my thumb and at that point the doctor also slit (fixed) my tendon so I wouldn't get the third most common problem, trigger finger. Larger size hooks like the ones I prefer, hurt. To me G is a small hook, so it was tough with those big ones weight wise, plus the cold hurt. I love how the bamboo is lightweight and warm on my hand.

I just bought my first bamboo hook and am very happy with it. I've used bamboo knitting needles and the hooks are great as well. If you have slippery yarn, they're extra wonderful. I have no plans to give up my aluminum hooks, I will use them on other yarn.

Yes, I have some and I love them. The only place I've found to buy them is Mary Maxim and when I go back there this summer, I intend to buy a whole set. For some reason and it is everyone to themselves, I crochet faster with them. :)

Archived