I am outta control..printing patterns...lol

Jo, I have the same addiction, in fact since we has a very modest Christmas exchange among ourselves, I told DH I wanted printer paper, and that's what I got. Now I'm trying to organize the patterns; but so far just have children and adult/household in separate boxes. One of these days they'll all be organized.

My DH gave up on printer rules. He never uses it, so I print a minimum of one pattern a day and usually more. I have 9 binders full of printed patterns in page protectors. I have been printing them since I retired 9 years ago.

So, oh yeah, at least 1000 years old or longer, to do them all...:lol .

And that doesn't count one binder full of WIPS and WIMS, and a binder with notes and helpful hints and measurements for all kinds of stuff. So if I need to know substitutions, or conversions, or how long, how wide or what size, I just refer to that.

We are pattern addicts, but not so anonymous....

Oh, what fun!!! I still just print mine out as I need them. I do keep the patterns on a flashdrive in case something happens to my computer though. I also scan my computer & my flash drive daily against viruses. BUT, nothing beats a paper picture!!

If you do a lot of printing and are thinking of getting a new printer, consider a laser printer. You can print over 6000 pages on one cart.

OMGoodness, :lol , I am desperately hanging on to my old printer. The ink is so much cheaper than a lot of the new ones on the market. But just imagine what we could do with one like this!!!:D

I have four binders stuffed full with printed patterns, and I need to start organizing them with sheet protectors and subject dividers. The trick is, deciding which way to divide them up. think I'll do one huge binder for kids and one for adult wearables, but I have a feeling I will end up with two for each, with others for home projects and misc.

Now I've joined the pattern printing club I'm having a great time!!

I'm trying to be selective and only printing things I know I will make one day. For example I know I would never make myself anything to wear (it would take too much yarn lol) so no matter how pretty the item I dont print it. But afghans...I love em, and they're the patterns I'm printing the most. In fact since I got my printer Xmas day, I've spent more time printing patterns than actually crocheting anything!

I just hope the novelty wears off before my ink runs out.....

I've got a 4" binder chock full of printed patterns from the internet....and enough more to nearly fill another (gotta go buy another one).

It is totally addicting...way to easy to hit that print icon!

Archived