Hooded Car Coat

nutz4crochet

Question

I was wondering if anyone has made the Hooded Car Coat from BHG Simply Creative Crochet Magazine? I love this pattern and looks easy enough. My problem is I tend to start a project then get stuck or bored. :eek I purchased skacel Sizzle on sale at Herrschener's not knowing what I was going to make with it and this may be just the thing.:) Donna

10 answers to this question

i haven't yet, but want to, maybe this fall when i am not so busy:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl like that is ever going to change:blush :blush let me know how yours turns out. sounds wonderful:manyheart vicki

I haven;t made it yet either but I really like it to. I'd be interested in hearing about your progress if you do decide to start it.

I was planning on making it after my project I am currently working on. I am calling it a Season'sghan, but it is like a comfortghan. Somewhere I had read that they got stuck making a "car coat" and it got me thinking maybe it was the same one. Donna

I made this coat...two infact...the first one ended up smaller than I wanted it because I used worsted weight...ok it was my first project in 15 years...but it looks great on my neighbors daughter! The second one I made in homespun...barrington...and I wore it everywhere in the spring...it was fun to make and it went very...very fast!

I am planning to make a few for holiday gifts...hopefully I will get started soon...the list of things to do always gets bigger...especially after I look at this web group!

I can't seem to find a copy of this magazine OR this pattern, though it looks like a great one - anyone know who the designer is, or if there's a way to get the pattern seperately from the magazine? My library sure wouldn't have it if the bookstore where I work doesn't(didn't)!

I made this coat...two infact...the first one ended up smaller than I wanted it because I used worsted weight...ok it was my first project in 15 years...but it looks great on my neighbors daughter! The second one I made in homespun...barrington...and I wore it everywhere in the spring...it was fun to make and it went very...very fast!

I am planning to make a few for holiday gifts...hopefully I will get started soon...the list of things to do always gets bigger...especially after I look at this web group!

Oh that's is good to hear that it is fun and fast to make. :yay It must look nice in the homespun. Do you recall if you used more or less yardage pattern called for? I have exactly the amount called for. Donna

I can't seem to find a copy of this magazine OR this pattern, though it looks like a great one - anyone know who the designer is, or if there's a way to get the pattern seperately from the magazine? My library sure wouldn't have it if the bookstore where I work doesn't(didn't)!

My copy was a gift from my brother-in-law. He's so sweet. The designer is Ann E. Smith. Ebay is an execellent source. I get most of my back issues from Ebay. I don't know how I ever got along without Ebay:yay Donna

I ordered the last 2 issues online from BH&G. They're both great!

I ordered my issue from the LB website. Now I can't find it:( . Not sure where I have put it but I have been wanting to make the car coat. I have also started the cowgirl jacket in tunisian but haven't gotten very far.

Archived