[CLOSED] Spider Web-Along

I'm definately in on this one, too!!! I got that pattern a few weeks back and haven't started it. I'll keep in touch while in the Keys. What is everyone making theirs with yarn-wise? I'm thinking of using LB Microspun in turquoise.

I would love to participate but not sure that I can. Is that rule only for swaps???

Just wondered. I haven't bought my yarn just yet (trying to figure out what color, etc.)

Dawn

I would love to participate but not sure that I can. Is that rule only for swaps???

Just wondered. I haven't bought my yarn just yet (trying to figure out what color, etc.)

Dawn

Dawn, you don't need 40 posts to join a CAL (crochet-along). The only rule is, if you have the pattern, then you are good to join! The things you can't see right now are the things you can't join or participate in. If you can see this thread, you can participate! You can join this CAL!

Well then WHOO HOOO :yay

I have to purchase my supplies but count me in!!!:cheer

now - color.....hmmmm...what color to go with....I'm good about picking colors out for other folks -I tend to go with black for myself. Am I in morning - no - I just can't ever choose a color and stick with it. Anyone else have that problem?

-Dawn

Must resist temptation....................

must resist temptation...................

Must resist temptation..................

Hey...can I join later, after I finish my Cathedral Window shawl....uuhh I mean afghan :)

Ok - I can't take seeing "undecided" next to my name. LOL. Put me in the CAL. :)

Next question - may be a realy silly one but is the button for our bloggs??

I'm a blog virgin :blush - just signed up for one and need all the help I can get

-Dawn

Ok - I can't take seeing "undecided" next to my name. LOL. Put me in the CAL. :)

Next question - may be a realy silly one but is the button for our bloggs??

I'm a blog virgin :blush - just signed up for one and need all the help I can get

-Dawn

The "undecided" is just for your yarn choice. :) The button is to show off what you're part of (ie this CAL). You can use it to link back to this thread or just have a pretty button on your blog. If you need help setting up your blog, PM me and I'll help you out. :manyheart

Oh Silly me - I would help if I read the ENTIRE Post :eek

Yes still undecided about yarn -:think

I may take you up on that offer Melissa! I'm hoping I can get some "away" time and work on it this weekend.

Have a great 4th everyone!

-Dawn

Oh MAN! I have been seriously drooling over that skirt pattern from the moment I saw it months ago! I've had that on my wishlist, still hoping... :sigh (cute - this one's new, isn't it?)

And I may already have the yarn for it, will have to check my stash when I get home tonight. I really want to join this CAL! Maybe soon. That's my kind of skirt... :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

oohhh just read goldi's thankyou note to her sp- ( and of course went to check out the pattern - ) I was thinking skirt - well um er not my thing - but when I saw it - wow - its sooooooooooooooo nice.........................:drool

I have a few ( well actually a lot !!LOL) of stuff to finish up first - some xmas in july/and my sp reveal package...............but as soon as thats done- Im gonna do something very special for ME...this skirt is so nice!

I havent got the pattern yet - but can I ask how much yarn it takes - ( cos I'll be out shopping next week for my SP and 'might' <G> just find something suitable!!!( then I'll HAVE to get the pattern and start!!LOL):devil

keep me posted on your progress

I'll be back:hook

Fiona

Like Fiona, I'm currently up to my eyeballs in other committments, but I'm otherwise ready to roar with this project, thanks to some very generous folks! My sp gifted me with the pattern (what a sweetie! Let me again say :ty), and I also received a printout of it from an anonymous Elf, along with another highly coveted pattern (BIG thanks to that Elf, whoever you are!). I've got my yarn for it: I'm planning to use Cottonease in the color Pistachio (you can see it here), so now all I need is to clear several other items from my schedule and then I'm diving in! I've even got the elastic (I have a TON of elastic from my sewing days, lol!)

I've reviewed the pattern, and I see there are going to be a few new challenges, new stitches to learn in order to make this. So I can tell this is going to provide a big sense of accomplishment when I finish it! :hook

As soon as I can put my hook down long enough, I'll be posting that nifty button on my blog!

BTW, I can picture this, and it's looking mighty fine, in both the RH Fiesta in black AND the Turquoise Microspun! Good choices ladies! I would have loved to have done this in the Katrina (been :drool on that yarn for awhile) but even at the fabulously reduced prices available from Josi's yarn club, it's still a tad steep for me.:( But maybe somebody else would like to use this yarn for their skirt? From what I've seen from my own browsing, I think it was the best price available (please correct me if I'm wrong!).

Fiona, you asked how much yarn is needed for this pattern. The size range that shows on my pattern is XS (2/4 - in my dreams, lol!) up to L (14/16). The pattern calls for Worsted Weight yarn, here's the specified amounts per size it gives:

XS - 1550 yds

S - 1700 yds

M - 1850 yds

L - 2025 yds

It further states that if you want the skirt longer, you will need to add this much yarn for each 3" of extra length, in order by the above size list:

230, 250, 270, 300

I will be making mine for size Medium and will not be making it longer (in fact, may make it shorter, as I have short legs). There are 207 yards per skein in Cottonease and I bought 10 balls of it, so I know I have more than enough for mine!

You will also need between 2 and 2 1/2 yds of 1/4" elastic, so be sure to include that on your shopping list. Definitely don't go cheap on this item, cheaper elastics can tend to dry out and lose their elasticity on you, and the way it's used in this pattern, it would be a major pain to try and replace it.

I can hardly wait to see what yarn and color you pick!

I haven't forgotten this CAL but like Fiona and Goldi, I, too, have been trying to finish up some Swaps that are on deadline and working on the Cathedral Rose Window CAL along with going to the Keys and then the hurricane (which was a major interruption). I finally got a major swap project almost completed, then to begin my final swap (I think it's my final swap) project & get it done before I attempt this skirt. I haven't decided on the yarn yet but I've got ideas on it. I've read over the pattern and can't wait to begin it. I don't think I'll make it longer but will have to wait & see how it goes before making a final decision on it. Like everyone else, I've got so many projects in the works and waiting to get made I'm getting overwhelmed with them all. Where does the time go???

WHOOOHOOOO the CAL is growing. And I'm happy to see that noone has started just yet.

I would love to try the Microspun for this project but haven't been able to find it up here :( I don't want to order it on line (this one I have to "pet" :D before I buy it - once I know I like it then I'll be able to buy it online.)

Where have you guys found Microspun? I'm also kinda overwhelmed with alot of projects (my own fault - yes I know :blush ) so I can't start on this one just yet.

WHOOOHOOOO the CAL is growing. And I'm happy to see that noone has started just yet.

I would love to try the Microspun for this project but haven't been able to find it up here :( I don't want to order it on line (this one I have to "pet" :D before I buy it - once I know I like it then I'll be able to buy it online.)

Where have you guys found Microspun? I'm also kinda overwhelmed with alot of projects (my own fault - yes I know :blush ) so I can't start on this one just yet.

Michael's & WalMart both carry Microspun. It comes in tons of great colors. I'm pretty sure I'll use Microspun on my skirt when I begin it. Which color? I have no clue yet but possibly either turquoise or coral (orange).

OK, I'm signing up! Hopefully this will give me incentive to get this done and not procrastinate! I'm using LB CottonEase in sugarplum. I'm making it for my daughter. I won't be starting on it until she gets back from her dad's in about 2 weeks (July 24). Can't wait to see everyone's skirts!

Oh, wow. That skirt is beautiful, but I'd never get a chance to wear it. If only I could think of someone to make it for (and er.. wasn't intimidated by it.)

I'm definitely bookmarking it, and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! :D

...My sp gifted me with the pattern (what a sweetie! Let me again say ), and I also received a printout of it from an anonymous Elf, along with another highly coveted pattern (BIG thanks to that Elf, whoever you are!)....

I'm responding to something Josie posted on her weblog today. Apparently, someone here is making copies of the spiderweb skirt and passing them around. It's one thing to buy the pattern as a gift, it's another (strictly illegal and dishonest) to give copies. Here's what she said: "Someone is giving out printed copies of the Spiderweb Skirt over on Crochetville. I don't know who did it, just that someone referred to receiving a copy that way and called the person who did it an Elf."

I don't know if multiple copies have been given out or just one, but since we have a whole section on copyright and original work, I'd expect Crochetville members to be more respectful of work that others have done.

I hope this puts everyone on notice that what goes on here is noticed and commented on elsewhere.

and I also received a printout of it from an anonymous Elf, along with another highly coveted pattern (BIG thanks to that Elf, whoever you are!). I've got my yarn for it: I'm planning to use Cottonease in the color Pistachio (you can see it here), so now all I need is to clear several other items from my schedule and then I'm diving in! I've even got the elastic (I have a TON of elastic from my sewing days, lol!)

I'm just curious, when you say you got a printout of two patterns from an elf, do you mean they sent you duplicate of the patterns that they purchased for their own use? If that's the case (and I apologize if I'm misreading....) that is awful. We have a lot of independent designers around here and I hate to think of them being ripped off, especially by other members here. Donna, Julie & Tiff have always stressed the sanctity of copy write and we really should be doing our best to respect that. Even if it wasn't stressed, it's the right thing to do.

Elfing, secret paling, and all the other gifting is great, but it needs to be done honestly. Goldi, I know you can't control what was sent to you, but if you know who sent it (or if they are reading here themselves) they really need to be told to stop.

Again, if I have misunderstood what you were saying, I am sorry.

Holly

Catana.....looks like I was typing the same time you were, I'm slow though...

To be honest, I do not know if the printout I received was legal or otherwise, nor do I know who sent it. It did arrive anonymously. The thought had occurred to me that this was a potential issue, which put me in a quandary: should I be thanking this person publicly or not? I did, after all, want to acknowledge the gift, and I would like to give them the benefit of the doubt since I don't, in fact, know. I was glad, as I mentioned, to have received a bonafide *paid-for* version of the pattern, as I knew it, and it did make me feel much more comfortable about it. The last thing I want to be doing is violating someone's copyrights.

Somehow, this all makes me feel like I did something wrong, even though I know I didn't...

Archived