Any suggestions on what I should buy at Hobby Lobby I have $100 to spend...

Hobby Lobby has all crochet hooks, knitting needles, and crochet/knitting accessories on sale for 40% off this week.

I'd also print out a couple of the online 40% off one item coupons. (You can only use one per day, I believe, unless I'm confusing them with Michael's.)

I found some yummy Patons Silk Bamboo yarn (70% bamboo, 30% silk) in there today that's priced at $4.99 per skein.

They also carry the new Caron Spa and Country yarns.

That's a tempting sale! I've seen that silk bamboo online, and it looks sooo YUMMY.

I just wanted to add that, at least at my Hobby Lobby, they let you use one coupon per person per day (on regular priced stuff). so when DH needed snap-together model planes for the Cadet club, all 4 of us went, so we could get 4 at a time. They just ring it up, once at a time, and he paid each time. check with the cashier on that...you never know. (I even heard her telling a trainee what I just told you.)

JoAnn's has had some great deals on OTT-lights...you might want to take a look at those, otherwise too.

I'd get a ball-winder, some nice yarn and patterns (if needed) and hide the rest under the mattress for upcoming *SALES*.;)

Also a couple of little items for RAOK, like for me... :haha Hey, 'tis the season :santa to share, ain't it? :lol

Enjoy your rainfall!!! :cheer

I always have to sit and weigh all the options in a situation like this before I decide what to do.

If you keep the cash to use while you're shopping, if you're like me, you'll end up using it for something other than crochet stuff because it will be cash at the ready unless you are EXTREMELY well disciplined.

If you turn it into a gift card, it will be safe and not be able to be used for food money or anything else, but you will be limited to spending it at the store that the gift card is for, and if you are out shopping at another store and run across a great yarn bargain, your money will be tied up in Hobby Lobby. Also, gift cards sometimes have expiration dates, so you need to be careful that.

Maybe use the money to buy an American Express gift card? That way it's not just cash sitting in your wallet that you'd be tempted to use for things other than crochet supplies, but it won't be tied up in a gift card for just one store, so this way if you're shopping and see a great bargain on yarn somewhere else, you will still be able to use it.

Congrats! That's a very nice gift to receive! :)

To be honest, ME, MYSELF, I would buy I Love This Yarn with every last penny!! I do LOVE that yarn, and would make a sweater out of every color, I would, and use the scarps for scarfs, hats, you name it. but thats just me, a $100 is a HUGE dream for me!!

Archived