2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

Well I made 41 flowers from a skein of light raspberry yarn. So another +2 for me. :cheer

Now I'm off to make blue flowers. I'm thinking at this rate I'll be ready to start the green row on the squares before the weekend ends. :clap

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rolled three skeins into balls today for +3 more for the week.

And my YTD is finally POSITIVE! I'll try to keep it there for a while. It helps that I am broke!

:manyheart

Hey, I have a dumb question...does it count for your score if you give yarn away?

...the answer is most definitely YES! :yes This is how I destashed the ugly green yarn (for +11). I gave that yarn away to Jain (who got -11). She is now chronicling its "adventures." I want to see that jacket!

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -19

TeamVJGC

Added another ball to the jacket today. +1 When my son wakes up from his nap I will have my boyfriend help me take some pictures of it. I'm loving it so far! But I will need to go buy more ugly green yarn to finish it.

...the answer is most definitely YES! :yes This is how I destashed the ugly green yarn (for +11). I gave that yarn away to Jain (who got -11). She is now chronicling its "adventures." I want to see that jacket!

And my YTD is finally POSITIVE! I'll try to keep it there for a while. It helps that I am broke!

:manyheart

Whoo-hoo!!!! Another Positive YTD dance!!! Congrats CLLinda!!!:cheer:clap:yay:hugI hope to join you by the end of the week.

Whoo-hoo!!!! Another Positive YTD dance!!! Congrats CLLinda!!!:cheer:clap:yay:hugI hope to join you by the end of the week.

Me too. I'm a skein and 2/3rds away from ending the week with zero. Of course I keep thinking about the Sugar and Cream on sale at Michaels. :think

Gah! I went to AC Moore AND Michaels today. It doesnt help that they are right next to each other. Good thing I didn't head over to JoAnns which is a few stores over. I bought a bag of mill ends at AC Moore, how much does that count for? I fell in love with the dark red color. Then I went over to Michaels and bought a skein of Vanna's Choice in yellow then three skeins of Patons Grace in three different colors. I use the grace to make baby booties, bit I'm working on a belt skirt thingy to go over my jeans. So, not counting my mill ends, I have a -8 for the week.

I bought a bag of mill ends at AC Moore, how much does that count for?

I would count each skein as 2 points, each ball as one point. It's just easier to remember in case you put up the yarn for a while, so when you do use it, you'll remember how to count it back out of your stash.

Congrats on the new yarn! I hope you enjoy it!:manyheart

I would count each skein as 2 points, each ball as one point. It's just easier to remember in case you put up the yarn for a while, so when you do use it, you'll remember how to count it back out of your stash.

Congrats on the new yarn! I hope you enjoy it!:manyheart

They're all in kind of unfinished skeins, if you know what I'm talking about so lets see.....there's seven so that's -14, so add that to -8 and the grand total is........*drumroll* a -22 for the week!

My mom bought me a skein of some really nice yarn today (surprisingly 'cause just before she gave it to me she told me I had way to much yarn).

WTD: -11

YTD: -326

Julee

My mom bought me a skein of some really nice yarn today (surprisingly 'cause just before she gave it to me she told me I had way to much yarn).

WTD: -11

YTD: -326

Julee

Don't you just love mothers?

Don't you just love mothers?

Boy do I!! And she also had to tell me about the place she bought it from (it appears that there is a whole basket of sale yarn. We're talking nice yarn. The skein she gave me is:70% mohair- 30% acrylic and it's soo nice)

Boy do I!! And she also had to tell me about the place she bought it from (it appears that there is a whole basket of sale yarn. We're talking nice yarn. The skein she gave me is:70% mohair- 30% acrylic and it's soo nice)

Just don't take a trip there, you'll worsen your score even more, unless you like having the lowest score continuously, then more power to you!

Just don't take a trip there, you'll worsen your score even more, unless you like having the lowest score continuously, then more power to you!

I'm trying to convince my self not to go there BUT I might just go and look. I'm not really sure I want a whole ton of the type of yarn my mom gave to me. I do have to see if they have 1 skein of black in the same brand though. My mom doesn't knit or crochet so she doesn't know how much it takes to make something and the skein only has 105 yards on it so one more skein will probably make something way cool!!

I'll let you all know how I do tomorrow!!

Julee

Anyone interested in the adventures of the ugly green yarn can read my blog post about the jacket which I am now calling my Horrendously Green Jacket. I worked on it a lot more today but no more points to report. I am getting close to finishing a couple of skeins though, so I just might get back into the positives this week.

Anyone interested in the adventures of the ugly green yarn can read my blog post about the jacket which I am now calling my Horrendously Green Jacket. I worked on it a lot more today but no more points to report. I am getting close to finishing a couple of skeins though, so I just might get back into the positives this week.

That was a very interesting read! I love your jacket. It is fun!

I'm sending in my totals now, as I don't know if I'll be able to go on-line tomorrow.

I gave away a lot of spare yarn, so my totals this week are:

WTD = +86

YTD = +94

:yay

Time for my "YTD is positive":dance dance!:cheer I finished the second skein on my 5-pointed-star afghan, bringing my WTD to -27, and my YTD to +1.

:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Yay Beth!

Congrats Beth! :cheer

I've missed you guys! It has been crazy by me the last couple of weeks, no time to post or crochet :blush but things are starting to calm down and I was able to knock out 2 skeins of yarn this week for a +4 :clap

Since I'll have my nephew over this weekend I know that I won't be able to crochet, so I might as well post for the week

wtd: +4 ytd: +45

Hope everyone has a great weekend!:manyheart

I'll tally up the damage later but I had a great day with a sister-in-Christ just hanging out and buying stuff so the cost is points and money was very well spent.

Congrats, Beth! Way to go! :cheer

Hey, Darski- I am glad you had a fun outing! It's worth the points sometimes...

PBLKNP: HOLY MOLY! those are some big totals! Congrats!:clap

Archived