2009 Stashbusting CAL

basjordan

I finished off the skein I was hoping to get done yesterday so starting off the week with +2. :yay

I will probably have to buy some yarn to work on this quilt this week. :sigh but I will try to keep it to no more than the 3 skeins I would need, less if I don't have to work with too many squares in those 3 colors :lol

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I am off to a heck of a start!!! I have a +6 already and will have another +2 by bed I think!!! I just started a scrappy round ripple, of course the center is the best of the little ball scraps, but hey, it will be stash busted!!!!

Hey!!!

Way to go, Ropergirl! And :welcome back! Are you feeling better?

Braxxi - nice start to the week...

I am still making little things and not bustin' very much (no points anyway):blush

...BUT I AM having a lot of fun!!:yes And, I don't have a car this week, so I won't be buying any yarn either :no. Actually, my negative points cost me $0 (they were gifted from my mom), so :cheerfor my budget! See? It's all good.

I will be :lurk in this week, and post when I can...

:manyheartyou guys! :ghug

So I spent the evening :crocheting and actually finished off another skein of yarn. Woo hoo for the +2. I think I have another skein of white, gotta look around for it, if not I'll have to buy more before I can continue on the afghan. After I finish the row of white I'll have three rows of pink.

I'm really, really hoping I have enough of the pink to finish it. I really don't want to buy more yarn and give me an bigger negative score since I won't use it all. Plus I started this afghan to try the star pattern and use of yarn I already had. It has already cost me an addition skein of pink yarn. I managed to work it so I didn't have to buy more of the second pink. But I'm about 98% sure I'll need more of the third to finish the number of rows I planned in light pink. :(

Well, I managed to finish off two skeins and two balls this week. I don't know when I last slept. Pay no attention to the bags under my eyes, those have always been there.

This EMT-Basic class is kicking my butt and seriously cutting into my crochet time!

BUT I was in Wal-Mart Saturday afternoon and made the mistake of walking down the yarn aisle. I bought 6 skeins of this gorgeous orange and yellow varigated baby yarn. It was on clearance, OK?

Even so, that puts me at -12 (purchased) and +6 (used) which equals -6 for the week.

So, WTD -6, YTD -9.

Well I'm in the middle of job hunting, out of all the Ambulance companies around me, no one wants to hire an EMT-Basic, everyone wants Medics so I'm going to mope around this week and crochet to lift my spirits.

Well I'm in the middle of job hunting, out of all the Ambulance companies around me, no one wants to hire an EMT-Basic, everyone wants Medics so I'm going to mope around this week and crochet to lift my spirits.

Mandii, I will keep my fingers crossed for you. That really stinks.

We love our Basics around here!

Good luck Mandii,

I asked my sister what she wants for her birthday, and she requested a simple crocheted cap in beige. I did not have any beige yarn, so I went to Walmart and got a skein. WTD -2, YTD, +44. Now to make that hat!!!

So, any ideas for a quick project? I don't have a lot in my arsenal

Scraves? Those always work up quick for me. Of course being in Texas I never have alot of need for them. :think

Scraves? Those always work up quick for me. Of course being in Texas I never have alot of need for them. :think

Hats are quick too and washcloths. I like to make fingerless gloves too, sometimes they're not as quick but they don't take much yarn.

I'm almost finished with a little Hello Kitty purse I'm making for my cousin's daughter. I should get some points today finally.

I like to make hats or scarves as quick projects. Occasionally a little cell phone purse or dish cloth.

Oh that darned Michaels! I just went in because they had a good sale on beads... but I just had to take a peek at the yarn-- that sales weren't so great, I didn't think I'd be tempted-- but they had Kroy Socks on clearance for 2.49! 5 skeins of fern rose followed me home! However I used 1 skein on a shawl yesterday and balled up a partial so that helps my score. -7 so far this week

(pg 179, # 1781) I offered my ugly green yarn in all seriousness, but I couldn't believe the response to my offer! How do I figure how to distribute this? Any suggestions?

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -30

TeamVJGC

I'd love to have your ugly greens! haha That's my second favorite color.

those colors hard to find here,any green is a favorite of mine

I'm at + 6

Green is my most favorite color. I'm always wearing something green. I'm always crocheting with it.

Saved from Shooting the Moon by CroJulee! :devil Thanks ever so!:manyheart:lol

-Marzee

Stashbusting CAL: WTD: 0/YTD: -30

TeamVJGC

I have the worst urge to go and buy more yarn. I found how to make a Guitar Hero scarf and showed my friend the pattern. Well he likes the game Dance Dance Revolution better than that, and wants me to make him a scarf of the chorus of his favorite song. I want to go to start the scarf, and to buy other pretty colors :(

(pg 179, # 1781) I offered my ugly green yarn in all seriousness, but I couldn't believe the response to my offer! How do I figure how to distribute this? Any suggestions?

I can't remember if you said you had one skein or more. If you have atleast three you can always divide it up between them. If not, first come or post first serve. You could put their names in a hat and pick. Or you can choose a number, then have them guess and give it to who ever gets closest.

Mandii - I have seen the Guitar Hero scarf, it looks like a lot of fun to make. That will be a fun project to shop for.

Marzee - Any of the ways TexasSugar suggested would be fine with me. However you want to do it. :manyheart

well, I finally finished a skein YAY :clap:clap:clap I'm working on the Sweet pea afghan (Lionbrand) for my new nieces. I just love the colors - and love granny squares. :manyheart

+2 for me WTD

Well it's a -6 for me, or should I cost myself more because I bought a huge skein and two regular sized ones? I bought one to start a DDR scarf, one to make the Guitar Hero scarf, and one to make a blanket for my son.

I bought a skein of Simply Soft today... :blush I'm starting to work on a baby afghan, and the shades don't match the older skeins of Simply Soft I already have!

I hate that, Holly... they seem to change the colors just a little every so often :(

Well it's a -6 for me, or should I cost myself more because I bought a huge skein and two regular sized ones? I bought one to start a DDR scarf, one to make the Guitar Hero scarf, and one to make a blanket for my son.

hi, Mandii-

the good news on the incoming side is that you count a skein a skein, no matter how big... the bad news is that it takes longer to get that positive score back.

p.s. the Guitar Hero scarf sounds WAY COOL :2rock

well, I finally finished a skein YAY :clap:clap:clap I'm working on the Sweet pea afghan (Lionbrand) for my new nieces. I just love the colors - and love granny squares. :manyheart

+2 for me WTD

Yay, Christine!!! :applause

I know just how you feel... I FINALLY finished a skein tonight, too... my first +2 in a couple of weeks:eek

Let's hope we get on a :laughroll:tup I got my :xfin

Archived