are granny square blankets warm with all those holes?

yes they can be. A lot of times, they would be too warm without the holes, so the design helps to regulate the temperature. It won't be like a down comforter, but how often do you use one of those?

I still have the granny Square Afgahn my grandma made for me. It does have a lot of holes but it is warm. I could get all technical as to how the hairs keep the air inbetween everything and that air warms up through body heat etc etc, but just take it from me I have had that blanket for the last 15 years, and I would never want a new one for my cuddling up with a good book on the coutch. It's warm, beautiful and keeps the blues away because you always remeber the love that person put into it. :clap And I live in germany where the winters can get REALLY cold.

Thanks :) I have a ripple without holes that is too stinkin' hot to sleep under, so hopefully the holes will be the solution for this yarn (I'm using the leftover yarn from my ripple for this granny). She said she wanted a blanket just like mine, but there's no way I could bust out a ripple in 3 weeks. (we draw names and I didn't know I was getting her until now)

This granny square one is goign really fast, but I imagine it'll slow down once the square gets larger.

Oddly enough I have one full of holes and I can't sleep with it because it gets to hot. Its weird, I don't get it...

It's right up there with the mystery of why a cat consistently NEEDS to be on the opposite side of a door...

To counteract the holey effect, I make a chain 2 space in the corners, but do not make a ch 1 space in between the other clusters. I also think that is a little to holey. If it is just for cuddling under while watching TV, than I think it is perfect. However an afghan will never take the place of a comforter for sleeping at night in the colder regions during winter.

It's right up there with the mystery of why a cat consistently NEEDS to be on the opposite side of a door...

:lol That is just tooooooooooooo funny! But oh so true! :yes

My 9 year old hated the granny blanket I made him as it has holes. But all the other ones make him hot. I pointed this out to him & he gave me one of those "Don't even go there" look. :lol

GrannySquare Blankets are those types of blankets that are warm when you need them to be... yet not too much at other times. :mdust Good ol' granny squares ............ the magic of crochet! :U:mdust

:heart

:mug

GrannySquare Blankets are those types of blankets that are warm when you need them to be... yet not too much at other times. :mdust Good ol' granny squares ............ the magic of crochet! :U:mdust

:heart

:mug

Love this post...so true:hook

Archived