Skip-Stitch or EdgeryDoo

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After watching the video, I think the Skip-Stitch blade is a wonderful product. I do have a rotary cutter, and a board, so all I would need is the blade. It seems like a wonderful product. Thanks for letting us know about it.

:manyheart

I have the EdegryDoo which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! and I never heard of the skip stitch until I saw this thread. So I had to check it out and it looks so interesting that I ordered one. As soon as I get it I'll let you know how it works. I just bought some fleece today to make for veterans in the hospital so I will use it on that.

• 2 weeks later...

I started out with the skip-stitch blade and I love it. I like just rolling it along and having it all done in just a few moments. However, I just bought the Edgerydoo in order to make the corner on my blankets have that nice rounded edge. I was trying to round them using a plate, or bowl - and it just wasn't working consistently and nicely.

So, I'm trimming my blankets using the Edgerydoo form, but I"m still making the holes using my skip-stitch.

I now want to get some of the Edgerydoo squares to I can make some block fleece blankets... but I still intend to make the holes with my skip-stitch.

I have the EdegryDoo which I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! and I never heard of the skip stitch until I saw this thread. So I had to check it out and it looks so interesting that I ordered one. As soon as I get it I'll let you know how it works. I just bought some fleece today to make for veterans in the hospital so I will use it on that.

Melody, thank you for supporting out veterans!

• 3 weeks later...

Melody....did you ever try the skipstitch? If you did, did you have trouble making the curved corners? I still have not bought either but I am 95% sure I want the skipstitch.

I bought the skip stitch and it is OK but I prefer the EdgeryDoo. The one thing I did not like about the skip stitch it made a bigger hole and looked like it would tear easier. The EdgeryDoo makes a pin hole. I will keep using my EdgeryDoo and probably donate the skip stitch blade to someone else.

I bought the skip stitch and it is OK but I prefer the EdgeryDoo. The one thing I did not like about the skip stitch it made a bigger hole and looked like it would tear easier. The EdgeryDoo makes a pin hole. I will keep using my EdgeryDoo and probably donate the skip stitch blade to someone else.

Thanks for the input Melody, this is good to know.

How much do you want for the skip stitch?

Carol:hook

The blade I would be willing to donate. I only ask that you make at least one blanket for a charity. Doesn't matter which one. PM your address and I will send it to you.

Archived