Another stash box

DesertCrocheter

These are so much fun to make, and so fast, too. I just had a major repair on my house that was an emergency (new heating and cooling system), so I am strapped for money for Christmas presents. So I am trying to make as many as possible to supplement the few I'd already bought. This is the 10 inch x 5 inch box (pattern free on Lily Yarn's webpage) in Sugar and Cream, cream color, for one sister, and the other sister got a 5 inch x 5 inch in Sugar and Cream, hot purple. The 5 inch square box took me one Peter Sellars movie to make ("Heaven's Above," approximately 2 hours, 10 minutes). :lol TIA, and image is clickable. It's not stiffened yet, so I can more easily ship it. Patty

[/url]th_IMG_0832.jpg

I LOVE these baskets. :manyheart I made all three for my MIL and can't wait to make more. Am going to try to get some done for Christmas Presents if I have time. It's coming SO QUICKLY!!!! I'm down to the final small stuff and if I have time I am going to use these to supplement the other stuff I have made for presents.

The pattern is on the Michael's website not Lily's. Here is the link.

They are just tons of fun to make, and go very quickly!! My MIL loves all of them. She has them on her tables by their chairs and they put tons of stuff in them.

TLOL,

Toni

Ah, Toni, thanks for finding the link. When I printed it out a couple of years ago, it was on the Lily website, I thought, but I muight be mistaken. But the pattern definitely called for Sugar and Cream. Maybe it's on the Bernat website now?

Thanks for the kind words. I want to make another that is 12 or 13 inches long, but closer to 9 or 10 inches wide. One sister is a scrapbooker, so that might accommodate large pieces of used paper better. Patty

Do you need to stiffen them? If so, what do you use?

Kris

Kris, the directions say to use stiffener you find at the craft store, but I think spray starch might work just as well. But I need to stuff mine in a package to ship to NJ, so I'll leave the stiffening to my sisters. Or you can leave them slightly floppy and let whatever you put in there hold it up. I totally recommend this pattern if you want to use up some leftover cotton. The large yellow basket used up almost 2 complete 4-oz skeins of Sugar and Cream, the smaller about one and half 2.5-oz skeins of same. That was four balls off my bookshelf o' yarn! Patty

Archived