Sensations Rainbow Classic Yarn - need ideas

Ok...I did something that I know I shouldn't do... but.. but... I had a coupon and couldn't help myself.

I bought two skeins of Rainbow Classic at Joanns in the purple verigated color. I need to make an afghan for a 7 year old girl, and have absolutely no pattern in mind, but figure that 2 skeins should make something decent -and I liked the color... and, did I mention I had a coupon?:lol

So, I've played for the last hour with the yarn, and still have no idea what I'm going to make. I originally thought RR, but discovered I don't like it in the verigated. I don't have the same yarn in a solid color to break up the verigated, and don't want to go buy more. So, I need something I can make with this with two skeins.

Ideas anyone?

Actually, never mind. I've decided it's too fuzzy to really work for an afghan. I think stitches would get lost amid all the fuzz. I think it would make a nice scarf.

My mom has been making scarves for the older kids at the hospital that we are bringing afghans to this Christmas. I think I'm just going to give the yarn to her.

I have made afghans with a v stitch throughout, ponchos, shawls, I made myself a sweater. This in one of my favorite yarns to work with. I have even done a solid afghan with filet heart edges with it.

I had two skeins of Lion brand Jiffy in pink. I ended up making a "bolster" shaped pillow.

No pattern, just crocheted about a 5-6 inch circle then used double crochet to make the tube. Put a pillow form (also created with no pattern) inside and crocheted the end circle.

2 skeins (approx 135 yrds/skein) did the trick.

Kathryn -

I know the yarn which you are referring to - and it IS really fuzzy. I am using up what I have with fun yarn for scarves but I don't really like it and recently had exchanged a whole bunch of it that I had stashed for just the boucle that is tonal as it washes and dries much better.

This fuzzy kind seems to "mat" and not quite felt - but just gets even fuzzier like - I just wasn't happy with the results, so the remainder of started skeins I am using mixed with fun fur for a "mohair" type scarf.

I bought some of this too.. I am thinking it may actually do great for an afghan, but then will only know once completed. But I think it would be great for one of those afghans with no textured stitches, just a plain mindless repetition, and let the coloring do the work. I have not seen the major fuzz factor yet, but then I have not begun working with it quite yet.. Maybe it fuzzes more when working with it?

Archived