Anybody in or from new york

s24cooper

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am originally from NY - Long Island - lived in Wantagh/Seaford, Hempstead, Brentwood. Moved in 2000 at age 50 to start a new life in VA. Still have family there. Haven't lost the accent or the love of NY. Once a NY'r ALWAYS a NY'r.

MamaRose: :clap Good guess...you got the right town but the wrong side! Yes, Massapequa is the last town on the South Shore of Nassau, but I am near the western border. I am actually 2 blocks from Seaford.

Arlinka: Sorry, I never saw your post here, or I wouldn't have asked where you were from. I spent most of my time on the New Year's Eve chat where I asked you the question. :lol

Happy New Year to All!

LI Roe (from No Massapequa) and FootballMom from [sW] Massepequa..you two should get together being that you live so close by.

I would like to find people a little more closer to the Rockville Center, Oceanside, Baldwin (etc.) area.

• 2 weeks later...

West Islip here!! By the way there is a crochet/knitting/spinning meet up every Sunday at Paneras Bread in West Babylon from 1:00 on till about 4 or 5. Thats the Paneras in the Jo-Anne shopping center across from K-Mart on Montauk highway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I am originally from NY - Long Island - lived in Wantagh/Seaford, Hempstead, Brentwood. Moved in 2000 at age 50 to start a new life in VA. Still have family there. Haven't lost the accent or the love of NY. Once a NY'r ALWAYS a NY'r.

That is the truth!! Spent all my life in NY, except for 7 years in CA. Now retired in PA. But still have family in NY, and it will always have a special place in my heart, especially LI. Never lost the accent, or the art of being close to your neighbors, and taking walks instead of cars.

• 4 weeks later...

Born in Rochester, lived in Hilton (40 mins out of Roch), then Florida, then Syracuse area (Constantia)...back to Florida, still here. Miss the NY spring, summers and falls, but not winter. I hate snow.

• 4 months later...

Hi Melkrose,

We had our meeting last night althought there were only 3 of us it was fun. we did a show & tell. and discussed issues with projects. I'll let you about the next meeting.

Hi Melkrose,

We had our meeting last night althought there were only 3 of us it was fun. we did a show & tell. and discussed issues with projects. I'll let you about the next meeting.

Archived