crochet just amazes me

the more i look through the crochet patterns for sale ,free etc , it never ceases to amaze me the things people come up with to crochet, it is the most amazing craft, what can you not crochet, and the colours people put together, the amount of different squares there are, i love it more each day:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Crocheting is very addictive I never thought I would love making doilies and now that is about all I do crochet. I have had an afghan sitting, waiting for me to finish about 3 years now. Maybe someday.

It never ceases to amaze me either. I constantly find new ideas and inspirations.

I was recently holding out a large piece of a totebag to check it and make sure there were no mistakes and that I liked the colors together before I seamed the end pieces to it. This was one big front / bottom / back piece, and while I held it up, it suddenly hit me ~

Wow, I would love this as a curtain, turned sideways, and made a little longer. Then make a solid color piece to match to put up below it for a second curtain!

And I am GOING to do it!

I have to agree! I have most of my mom's books and there are so many different patterns to choose from! And these are mostly afghans, doilies, and things like that. Not to mention all the clothing items and ornaments, etc. online and in other books! Every time I finish a project I can't help look at it and be amazed and proud that I created it with just a hook and some yarn!

It is amazing what you can do with crochet. I don't think there is anything I haven't seen some sort of crochet rendition of on line. It never ceases to amaze me what people will create and mostly, the PATIENCE they must have to actually crochet it.

One way crochet and knitting amaze me is that you have this durable, solid cloth but all you have to do is find an end and tug... rrrriiiiippppppp... and the whole thing goes back to string. It's like magic. And yes, the infinite variety of patterns and shapes is astonishing. Truely they are magical crafts!

Archived